For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By stevelup
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I’m sorry - this is too obscure for me to help with without setting up a test environment .

127.0.0.1 is the loopback address that one container on the NAS will use to contact the other

The 172 address won’t be accessible to you either because it’s not in ‘your’ network (192.x.x)

Post a link to whatever it is you’re trying to do
By stevelup
I think the crux of the problem is likely that the instructions are based around you running docker on a computer. In that case, those addresses would be accessible to you locally.

You're running the docker on a remote server so the network stuff may need tweaking.
By Colonel Panic
You are almost right - the instructions were actually based on registering a new domain name, setting up a hosted webspace, and putting docker in there along with a complicated password system. Having a NAS means I shouldn't need to do all of that, and TBH I wouldn't want to have done either. My hosting co doesn't "do" Docker, so I will experiment more locally over the weekend. I do have other Docker containers running, so I know the software works - but as is so often the case it is a meatware issue with this one :D
By Colonel Panic
Gads, this is sooooo frustrating. Don't waste too much time on this, but if anyone can see an obvious error, shout. First challenge was to discover that you can't ssh in to DSM without changing the port colon to a space-p; but having done that I can now ssh in using my "main" user, which I have checked and it does have full access everywhere.

Using a mixture of help videos, bizarrely the most useful was all in Spanish, I am able to move a .yml file that I had created into a specific directory, then run a command docker-compose up -d

This creates four docker containers within Docker, and all seem fine except one always bombs out. But I have no idea why. :?

By stevelup
We're not talking about that....

Polestar are useless
Leaseplan are useless

Polestar & Leaseplan in combination = Uselessness Squared
By Colonel Panic
@stevelup - I'm thinking of getting an el-cheapo managed switch when it comes back in stock at BBBuyer. One of these https://store.ui.com/collections/unifi- ... -flex-mini

BBB say that it can't be "included / adopted / enrolled" (my words) on to my hosted cloud key with them, but they also don't know how it would be managed. Can you read between the lines here https://store.ui.com/collections/unifi- ... -flex-mini ?

Maybe through https://account.ui.com/login?redirect=h ... Fdashboard ?

Or is this something to avoid?

TIA
By Colonel Panic
Possibly a silly question, but I'm still learning :? , ... if one sets up a VLAN for IoT stuff, does that also mean one must / should / ought to create a separate wifi SSID for those IoT devices as well? If not, is it still advisable to do so? Or are VLANs agnostic when it comes to SSIDs?

TIA
By Colonel Panic
stevelup wrote:I have no idea why BBB say they can't adopt this. On the data sheet, it even shows a cloud controller in the network diagram!

I sent an email to the unifi cloud dept within BBB and they have confirmed it can indeed be adopted and they have done several. So a bit of perseverance has paid off. #result.

Just need them to come back in to stock now ...