Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Boxkite
JAFO wrote:Love the photo on this one, not suggesting that anyone involved is a timewaster, though.

https://afors.com/aircraftView/49881

And that is the only picture of the Pioneer for sale!
Worse than that, the price includes the hangar!
That certainly limits his chances of selling if he thinks the buyer will be within regular driving distance.
FIrst question most people will ask is 'how much without the hangar?
JAFO liked this
By Sooty25
Miscellaneous wrote:
TheFarmer wrote:The seller’s side to that story is probably very different.

I agree. :thumright:

I would also bet the buyer's story should read; 3 days sorting out POH, inspection insurance…and 18 days faffing with the syndicate to get agreement and authority for me to sign on their behalf. :wink:

I must admit, I'd not thought of syndicate issues, but agreeing to buy an aeroplane without knowing where you are going to keep it did seem a tad daft to me.
By Sooty25
Miscellaneous wrote:
Sooty25 wrote:I must admit, I'd not thought of syndicate issues...

Would that be because you don't have any experience of trying to put a syndicate together? :wink:

Yup, spot on!
Miscellaneous liked this
By Mike Charlie
Nice looking Glasair on the site. Very interested, googling its reg it shows it had a couple of incidents in its life.
Looking for an engineer who I could appoint to fully check it over before I commit. I am concerned I would miss
poor repairs, I simply don't have expertise to assess its real condition
By MikeB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Mike Charlie wrote:Nice looking Glasair on the site. Very interested, googling its reg it shows it had a couple of incidents in its life.
Looking for an engineer who I could appoint to fully check it over before I commit. I am concerned I would miss
poor repairs, I simply don't have expertise to assess its real condition

Ken Bowen (Owner of Upfield Farm/Newport City) is an LAA inspector and has owned a Glasair for 15 years. He may be willing to assist. PM if you want his contact details
By CloudHound
Our Vans RV-6 came up on Plane Check Europe at 09.00.

We'd been looking for ages and had been pipped loads of times.

The sellers agent was known to us and reputable and the telephone discussions that day were transparent, open and cooperative.

We owned it at 5.00 pm.
By shortwing
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Responded to ad within 10 mins of appearing on a well know site. Got the details, rung to arrange to visit today. Sorry 'decided not to sell. sorry for wasting your time'
Contacted three sellers a few days ago. Almost had to force one to reply; "sorry, sold, will remove advert", yeah, yeah....
Second one was too busy to talk, I had to remind him that I was only asking if it had sold and had to insist on an answer. It had not been sold yet, bye.
Third one hasn't replied.
joystick liked this
By Cessna571
I tried to buy my share unseen but the vendor wouldn’t let me until we flew the plane.

I asked him when he could fly and he said “this afternoon if you like”.

So I popped down to the bank, drew out the £500 deposit he indicated he’d like and we went for a fly.

I handed him the £500 after we landed and he still couldn’t believe I really was that keen to buy his share.

He wanted me to think about it more, no idea why!

That was about 3 years ago now, still enjoy it every time fly.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this