Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
PeteSpencer wrote:Just clocked that my intended destination for Sunday lunch, Turweston, is of course buried in the middle of the Silverstone brouhaha.
Looks like Sandown again then, unless any one has any other suggestions.
Try Turweston, they're expecting to be quiet, no spectators at Silverstone, sod all media and nearly all teams local
PeteSpencer liked this
CharlieMcK wrote:Can anybody recommend the Fenton Feeder at Leeds East, seems to be one of the lesser talked about airport cafés. Looking to fly in there in the coming weeks for coffee and cake
Didn't have time to try it, the sign says open for takeaway and it's just a portacabin, but at least 2 decent pubs in the village a short walk. And I can recommend the radio, hangars, welcome and runways. Free landing with fuel. When the FBO is finished there'll be a VIP option.
Oh, and they have Buckingham Palace in one of the hangars.
CharlieMcK liked this
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Iceman wrote:Well spotted @Miscellaneous, where were you and @PeteSpencer, the burgers, hot dog and cake were fab at the Perth BBQ :D.

My first time here. Great little airfield.

Iceman 8)

Family stuff: :roll:
A/C not booked till Sunday!
Peter
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
On G-BLEW’s recommendation, I popped in to Wadswick (just south of Colerne) today. A 630 metre, well maintained strip with a neat set of hangars for the residents. The strip is next to the country shopping store and cafe. The landing fee, paid in the shop, is a donation to the air ambulance. The food was very good, and a bit above your average airport greasy spoon. I will be back.

The Meat Platter.

Iceman 8)
GrahamB, Nick, Flyingfemme and 8 others liked this