Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I’m often asked by fellow flyers about hangar security in remote places, and I know it’s been discussed here too.

I just wanted to sing the praises of a system that I now have five of in various places (including hangars) which I really do think is excellent.

It’s for sites with no power and no WIFI, and for people who want to see their property, get instant notifications of intruders (24/7) and also video record all activity to an SD card.

It’s the Reolink Go, and with the solar panel package it’s £250 on Amazon.

You’ll need a SIM card for a mobile network that you know has 4G where the camera will be, and a Micro SD card for it to record months of activity on to.

You can look back via your phone/tablet/PC at all previous activity on the SD card, and download all video activity to your device remotely too if you want to. You can speak to an intruder via your phone when you see them there (!) and also set a basic alarm off too so that they know they’re being filmed.

Installation take about 20 minutes and requires no programming of anything. Just put the SIM and SD card in, turn it on, link it to your Reolink App, work out where you want the camera and solar panel, and attach them.

Lots of settings to play with on your device, and a still picture below shows the kind of quality you can expect. (1080 or less, and this is also configurable remotely via your phone/tablet).

I can honestly recommend these to fellow flyers. It’s without doubt the best gadget I’ve bought for a long time.

8)

seanxair, AlanC, Colonel Panic and 4 others liked this
By TheFarmer
I’ve got some of those dotted around the farm too.

The downsides are that you can’t check it from your device, you don’t get notifications on your device about intruders, so you basically rely on it to catch what’s going on, and you only find out about it when you go and find your engine is already half way to Poland. :D

Otherwise, trail cameras are pretty good.

As for night vision, I’ll post a pic later when it’s dark
seanxair liked this
By ChrisGazzard
We’ve got about a dozen of these around Blackbushe and I put more in at the start of lockdown to keep an eye on the place remotely. We have security patrols etc, but it’s nice being able to log in and see what’s going on 24/7.

Very good bit of kit.

They come with a V-Sim in the box which, if you already happen to be on a Vodafone contract, is £4 a month for unlimited data. Real bargain.
seanxair, Lockhaven liked this
By gyrotyro
TheFarmer wrote:I’ve got some of those dotted around the farm too.

The downsides are that you can’t check it from your device, you don’t get notifications on your device about intruders, so you basically rely on it to catch what’s going on, and you only find out about it when you go and find your engine is already half way to Poland. :D

Otherwise, trail cameras are pretty good.

As for night vision, I’ll post a pic later when it’s dark

I thought that they send out text alerts if movement is detected, is that correct?
By TheFarmer
Most of those don’t have SIM’s these days, but a very few do.

I’ve struggled to find a SIM one for a while. Sadly, you can’t interrogate them from your device. You need to drive to the camera to get the SD card out, which is what makes the Reolink so good.
By TheFarmer
Yep. And then you can see what the camera sees on your device, live. Or go back to see previous activity.

I’ll post a screenshot.
By oldbiggincfi
TheFarmer wrote:Yep. And then you can see what the camera sees on your device, live. Or go back to see previous activity.

OK " Nice Picture" So what do you do when somebody is nicking your engine ?
By skydriller
oldbiggincfi wrote:OK " Nice Picture" So what do you do when somebody is nicking your engine ?

Oooooh....tempting.....really tempting.....Shall I..?? :wink:
Rob P liked this
By Lockhaven
oldbiggincfi wrote:
TheFarmer wrote:Yep. And then you can see what the camera sees on your device, live. Or go back to see previous activity.

OK " Nice Picture" So what do you do when somebody is nicking your engine ?

I have a couple of these around my property, its a fairly unambiguous message :lol: