For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Well, sort of: the new LEGO Technic Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey which was scheduled to launch on August 1st was pulled after the German Peace Society complained about the aircraft being a military product, which would go against the LEGO company's ethics.

http://www.brickfinder.net/2020/07/20/l ... 13-cancel/

However, sets already delivered to outlets were permitted to be sold, and can now be found on eBay with prices ranging from £875 and "upwards" (quite apt really for a vertical-lift machine :roll: )
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Korenwolf wrote: the German Peace Society complained about the aircraft being a military product, which would go against the LEGO company's ethics.

:scratch:
But they made a Sopwith Camel...
I thought LEGO was a Danish owned company?
(Just checked, it is)

Personally, I'd keep it in production and maybe just not ship it to Germany.

Demanding others make changes with the threat of protests if they don't, isn't really pacifism is it!
By johnm
I think our German Pacifist chums are maybe a bit misguided. Ospreys are not a weapon any more than A330, which can be used as a tanker or troop transport is, many things can be can deployed for nefarious usage.
By Flyin'Dutch'
Sooty25 wrote:I thought LEGO was a Danish owned company?
(Just checked, it is)

Personally, I'd keep it in production and maybe just not ship it to Germany.

Demanding others make changes with the threat of protests if they don't, isn't really pacifism is it!

I can't find so quickly why they don't produce and sell it as a result of the ethical toy programme but if it is indeed that they won't produce models of military stuff and this lot reminded them thereof then that is not a problem innit?
Charles Drayton wrote:..
At least they haven't burned down the Lego plant or murdered anyone who works there pace their modern counterpart "pacifists" in UK and US :pig:

Who, whom, what, where, when ? I must have missed those reports. In genuine curiosity, as ever
johnm liked this