Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By djtaylor
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I understand that on arrival in Jersey you are obliged to take a Covid test but you don’t have to quarantine in the two days it takes the results to come through.
Costs at about £50.
By Iceman

Yes, £50 fixed handling fee + landing fee at GAMA. Fuel £1.30 a litre at the moment. The COVID-19 test station is 100 metres from GAMA and has drive-through and walk-in capability. No isolation requirements whilst waiting for result, My test took 30 seconds through the open window of my car.

Iceman 8)
AlanM liked this
By AlanM
Flyingfemme wrote:Actually, fifty quid for GAMA I wouldn't object to......

@Iceman - when you get back, can you send me some feedback on the whole experience? I will send you a message with my work email and I can get it back to the Airport Director.
Iceman liked this
I've used GAMA because we had to - Caravans are 3.8 tons. And I objected because they don't provide anything I actually need, although they have always been efficient. Last quote I had from them was triple that (plus tax), so we declined.
CloudHound wrote:Will that affect the Jersey Air Rally?

Is there still the event?

Jersey Air Rally finished at least a decade ago when no one at the club wanted to take over the organisation from the lovely Evelyn.
By Pudnucker
I was parked next to Iceman by all accounts.. Gama were very helpful and the Covid test was easy plus quick to get the result.

However, as a regular visitor, my opinion is that the “handling” of £50 just to walk through reception is going to be a barrier for many - especially those popping in for cheap fuel and lunch..

Super flight home - Visual with the English coast at 5000’ above Guernsey..
AlanM liked this
By Iceman
Pudnucker wrote:I was parked next to Iceman by all accounts..

Super flight home - Visual with the English coast at 5000’ above Guernsey..

Were you in the white 2-reg aircraft or the blue SR22 ?

The weather and visibility were stunning all weekend :thumright:.

Iceman 8)