Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Thanks Alex!
You always make us feel welcome when we fly to Calais. I can recommend Calais Marck aerodrome to anyone from the UK. The landing fees are so much cheaper than Le Touquet, the bus comes every 40 minutes I believe. The on airport restaurant, the Vol Au Vent is very reasonably priced and serve great food and the best value espresso's you will ever get. They also serve alcoholic beverages, including our favourite beer La Goudale from St Omer!
We love flying into Calais from Blackbushe. On one trip I had a flat tyre and Alex kindly drove us to the Ferry terminal so we could return home.
So, it's a big win if you fly into Calais. Plus the shop and restaurant prices are more reasonable in Calais.
Thanks Alex,
we hope to see you again soon
Wayne

alex calais LFAC wrote:Salut James and everyone

If your trip to France can't be done without speaking the language of Shakespeare, we will always be delighted to welcome you to CALAIS LFAC, in your native language from Tuesday to Saturday.

http://notamweb.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/
LFAC

" NOTAM LFFA-C1900/20
Q) LFFF/QSFAH/IV/ B/ A/000/999/5058N00157E005
A) LFAC CALAIS MARCK
B) 2020 Jul 01 08:00 C) 2020 Sep 30 16:00
E) HORAIRES AFIS:
MAR-SAM: 0800-1600
DIM-LUN: NON ASSURE
EN DEHORS DE CES HORAIRES, OUVERTURE SUR PN 48HR PAR MAIL A :
AEROPORT(A)GRANDCALAIS.FR"

Hi JAmes and everyone

If your trip to France cannot be done without speaking the language of Shakespeare, we will always be delighted to welcome you to CALAIS LFAC, in your native language from Tuesday to Saturday.

Bus are always free to get good wine, visit museums, go to the beach or greet your neighbors who cross the Channel by boat. http://www.sitac-calais-opale-bus.fr/

the restaurant is open every day except Monday. https://www.facebook.com/Auvolauvent/

And always very expensive landing fees.. :lol: :mrgreen:
7€ for microlights,
10€ for DR 40, pa 28 AA5 .... (max 1,5Ton)
12€ plane 1.5T < mtow < 2.5 Ton
28€ plane 2.5<mtow<3.5
and discount of 75% for training (Touch & Go or Go around since the énd mouvement)

See you very soon
Alex :sunny:
Calais gets my vote for a quick trip to experience a bit of Frenchness (there's a supermarket in strolling distance) or to clear customs before heading into the continent

Rob P
2Donkeys liked this
Totally, it's worth the extra expense for a long day or two.

But I must say this year that'll be Calais too as I just have to ride The Dragon :o

Rob P
Here's a thought.

That Gendec C155 form seems to be something you would need to submit after the flight? It would record any passenger who took ill on the flight and how the aircraft was disinfected during the flight. I guess this can't be submitted in advance?

Any thoughts?

Off to L2K in the morning.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The PDF app on my phone (Adobe Acrobat / Android) allows that form to be filled in on the phone itself, then forwarded by email. No need for photos or hardcopies.
kanga liked this
By patowalker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Not closed, just no ATS and no Customs, but you can request Customs with 2HR PN in 'exceptional circunstances'. Send Customs an email and ask if you can fly in on Monday. They can only say no, or ask what your exceptional circumstances are.
Sent two e mails to Calais this week about Sunday access and customs. One in English one in french. No response to either. Regular user and rather disappointed.
My first choice but these days i think it is easy enough to respond to e mails and encourage traffic.