Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Crash one wrote:
horse riders don’t get the anti gangs bleating at them at every turn.

Hah! We had a guy bleating on the village website about horse poo and why didn't the riders pick it up like responsible dog owners. I kid you not!

That said, he got nil support

Rob P
rdfb wrote:
Unfortunately because of the general downturn in GA, the risk for investors is high, and I'm not sure the return will compensate for that. But putting money towards this might be worth it to protect our hobby.

but this isn't aimed at "typical" investors, it's aimed at those with a vested interest in aviation.

by comparison, who in their right mind would by a share in a preserved, steam railway?

https://www.nnrailway.co.uk/membership/
rdfb liked this
Rob P wrote:
Crash one wrote:

Hah! We had a guy bleating on the village website about horse poo and why didn't the riders pick it up like responsible dog owners. I kid you not!

Rob P

Clearly not a rose grower!
I worked out years ago that GA is always going to have a hard time at 'grass roots' level, purely because the great unwashed still see it as an elite, rich boy sport. It's always been like that, right from the start of aviation as we know it. "How dare you spoil my enjoyment of the countryside peace & quiet with your noisy aeroplane" etc etc, all the time ignoring the railway line and 6 lane motorway next door...

It'll never change and there just ain't enough votes in it for the Government to even think about changing their policies. More important things in life than us rich playboy pilots.. :roll:
Miscellaneous wrote:
JodelDavo wrote:...because the great unwashed still see it as an elite, rich boy sport.

I keep praying that one day they will be proven right and we'll all become rich, personally I'm not so fussed about the elite part. :thumright:

Nobody gets rich owning an aeroplane, especially if its on a CofA!! :lol:
Rob P wrote:
Crash one wrote:

Rob P

I ask that question of Viv - why she doesn't ride round the village equipped with shovel and bag. Or at least train the horse to use the allotments.
Pete L wrote:.. - why she doesn't ride round the village equipped with shovel and bag. Or at least train the horse to use the allotments.

in a number of cities round the world, horsedrawn carriage services are required to equip their vehicles with a suitable flexible 'bucket'. Presumably this helps pollution control on the streets, but also yields a marketable product :)
ChampChump, Pete L liked this
Sooty25 wrote:who in their right mind would by a share in a preserved, steam railway?

Me.
kanga, Flyin'Dutch' liked this
Sooty, I like your ideas very much. I expressed a similar idea a while ago (can't find it now) where we get together and buy an airfield but you have taken the idea several stages past that. Buying more than one airfield and splitting property to form rental income or reduction on the mortgage(s) are what I particularly like.
I don't have any business, estate or financial experience to take part in such a venture, but I'm willing to put into the pot when the group is formed and contituted.