Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By CloudHound
Just noticed a Piper Cherokee airborne at 10.00 from Reykjavik, Iceland heading southeast at 5000'. N474Y set off a few days ago from Lakeland FL. so doing really well.

The a/c is registered to FlyGirl LLC, so I thought I'd check out the owner.

Could be Natalie Kelley https://flygirlllc.com/

Let's wait and see. :thumleft:
By Flyingfemme
Not any more - the aircraft is registered to a trust provider and her website says she sold it. Guess it is being ferried to a new owner in Europe (or beyond).
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
A ferry pilot friend of mine (who I first met at Oshkosh last year) recently bought a light aircraft across the pond from the US to Lithuania. She wasn’t quite so lucky with the weather, being stranded in northern Canada for some days, waiting for some icy weather to pass so that she could get over Greenland to Iceland. It’s an expensive wait, but that’s a better option than having zero get outs in icing conditions.

Iceman 8)
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flyingfemme wrote:Many pilots have died because they couldn't afford to stay another night in Reykjavik or buy another few gallons of avgas in Greenland.......

Stupid to die for a few bucks.
By Rob P
Of course, you won't die in those regions if you have a qualified instructor / 'experienced' ferry pilot onboard

Rob P
Chilli Monster liked this
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Flyingfemme wrote:Many pilots have died because they couldn't afford to stay another night in Reykjavik or buy another few gallons of avgas in Greenland.......

I imagine that after three nights in Kuujjuaq or two in Schefferville, even a five line TAF and a weather chart that looks like the backside of a zebra probably means more or less CAVOK.

Ian
Rob P, JAFO, Iceman and 1 others liked this