Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
lobstaboy wrote:
Dominie wrote:....; the pilot in his 70s...

Why do they always mention the age? l:

I don't know. Why did you mention it? That might be a clue?

Well, (a) it's a quote and (b) if I don't mention it then I can't criticise it!
T6Harvard liked this
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Sandown's getting its fair share recently.

When I went last week I watched in horror as a PA28 floated the entire length of the astro turf and just as I though to myself 'aha, he's made it' he climbed steeply to squeak over the trees.

A few other socially distanced aviators around me stopped munching on their burgers too..............

Peter
By Rob L
The press always seem to mention the age:

"The alleged perpetrator, aged 17, was arrested for suspicion of assault after allegedly assaulting the victim, aged 21"*

*Made-up story, but representative.

Looks like the FW190 replica wheels were down (is is actually a retractable?...some replicas aren't). And what on earth is that fireman doing spraying foam? Watering the crops? If it was going to burst into flames it would have happened long before the Fire Service arrived!

Rob L wrote:
Looks like the FW190 replica wheels were down (is is actually a retractable?...some replicas aren't). And what on earth is that fireman doing spraying foam? Watering the crops? If it was going to burst into flames it would have happened long before the Fire Service arrived!

I beg to differ....

Technically, the wheels were up :lol:
Charles Hunt, Rob P, seanxair and 7 others liked this
Pete L wrote:It's a replica. The scarf would be hand-spun and the watch lovingly turned from raw material.

Probably bamboo.........
Dominie wrote:Why do they always mention the age? It's often accompanied by "grandfather" or "pensioner" :evil: :roll:

As I understood it, by giving an age it narrows down who the John Doe might be, thereby avoiding / reducing the risk of the newspaper being sued.
By mick w
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob L wrote:The press always seem to mention the age:

"The alleged perpetrator, aged 17, was arrested for suspicion of assault after allegedly assaulting the victim, aged 21"*

*Made-up story, but representative.

Damage limitation ,to the Crop ?.
TheFarmer liked this