Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
carlmeek wrote:Crikey, I’ve never heard of that form.

I came back from le touquet today.... no form either, but nobody to welcome me and ask for it.

I did a day return on Friday and somehow didn't do that form either - no welcome reception back at the strip, so phew. In retrospect.

Ian
matthew_w100 wrote:OK, so just got back from L2K to be met...

Where?

Rob P
I did a day trip to Le Touquet today and I did fill out and submit that form and also sent the Gendec to PHE as per NOTAM in addition to the usual GAR.

There was nobody on my return to greet me and nor did I get any responses over email to query anything.
Last edited by Mr Dinos on Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It does go on and on. I was crossed legged and leaking by the end. BF had to help with answers to invalid (eg flight number and carrier) but mandatory questions and they didn't really seem sure.

This was Redhill.

I'm glad others haven't spotted it - I was feeling inadequate. On reviewing, there is a Notam which says:
but I had read that as only applying to commercial carriers. In any case it doesn't provide a link to the form or any useful information.

BF did concede that the requirement had not been well advertised. The web site does suggest that it is an actual requirement, but so does the TV Licencing one.
matthew_w100 wrote:It does go on and on. I was crossed legged and leaking by the end. BF had to help with answers to invalid (eg flight number and carrier) but mandatory questions and they didn't really seem sure.

This was Redhill.

I'm glad others haven't spotted it - I was feeling inadequate. On reviewing, there is a Notam which says:
but I had read that as only applying to commercial carriers. In any case it doesn't provide a link to the form or any useful information.

BF did concede that the requirement had not been well advertised. The web site does suggest that it is an actual requirement, but so does the TV Licencing one.

That’s the NOTAM I was referring to in my post for which I sent a Gendec to public health England at Heathrow.

The link in your earlier post is the passenger health locator for which anyone returning to the UK needs to fill in and submit but that’s only publicised on the .gov.uk webpage
Rob P liked this
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
matthew_w100 wrote:... amongst all the forms I'd filled in I hadn't done one of these:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... cator-form

That link refers to the form as being the "Public Health Passenger Locator Form".

The NOTAM refers to a "General Aircraft Declaration" form.

Border Force usually receives the "General Aviation Report" form.

The GAD is not another name for the GAR, because the NOTAM explicitly says that the GAD is to "...confirm the health status..." (which of course the GAR does not).

But is the GAD the same thing as the "Public Health Passenger Locator Form"?

Apparently not - read on:

So, I have studied the NOTAM, I have decided that it does apply to me (although I can see why some might reasonably think not, and that it only applies to commercial carriers), and so as a good citizen I go looking for the form since unhelpfully there is no link provided for me.

Let's further assume I have not read this thread, have therefore never heard the term "Public Health Passenger Locator Form" and so am solely going on what is written the NOTAM.

I Google "General Aircraft Declaration". No link to any form is forthcoming, so I dig deeper.

Tucked away in the depths of a flow chart on page 16 (of 22) of the first link returned (COVID-19 Border Measures in England, Aviation Industry Operational Guidance), but nowhere to be found on the rest of the first page of the Google results, is a link to:

This form.

But this is NOT the same form with which @matthew_w100 was presented!

This one is a simple 1-page PDF, entitled "C155 - General Declaration" and is so old it has an "HM Customs & Excise" logo on it! In fact that form is dated January 2001!

There does not appear to actually be a form called the "General Aircraft Declaration", despite it being called up by the NOTAM and many other online documents.

What a bureaucratic mess. :?

Obviously (I think) it is HMG's intention to get people to fill out the form linked in mathew_w100's post - it's just that they don't identify it properly, and so nobody will find it from scratch - what they'll find (as I did) is the GenDec.

Dire.

Mr Dinos wrote:There’s two forms that need to be submitted. The Passenger Locator form per person and a Gendec which needs to be mailed to PHE

Where are pilots to find that requirement to complete 2 forms?
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
So, are the great unwashed filling in such a form when they get off their Ryanscare flight from costa del wherever...??

Certainly dont recall that on the news the other night, pretty sure it was all about "no quarantine " and "wear a mask"...
A tabloid journalist, reading of these contrasting incidents, might be tempted to pen either or both of the following headlines:

"Pettifogging officials hassle innocent private pilots returning to UK"

"Wealthy private pilots evade Covid checks because lazy officials do not bother to check them on arrival"

I wonder which is more likely to appeal to their editors, because it might outrage their ordinary readers .. :roll:
They were the same two guys that met me at Redhill yesterday. I was also on my way back from Le Touquet.

They were perfectly pleasant, as I filled in the 11 page Covid locator form on an iPhone in front of them, but I did wonder why it was not notammed/advertised a little more heavily. They said they'd spent some of the day in Shoreham, and not one pilot there was aware of it either.