For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Bill Haddow
Yes, despite its title it only lasts 45 minutes, but that's the least of its absurdities. It is a good source of innocent entertainment, largely due to many of the contributors being so far up their own bottoms/front-bottoms. (A recent neologism of "totally invisiblised" was delivered in a suitably strident tone.)

Today had a classic; a lady called for "gender-neutral snow clearance" . You couldn't make it up.

Bill H
By romille
JAFO wrote:How can a Woman's Hour be only forty-five minutes when, in my experience, a woman's "just five minutes" is at least half an hour.

Well when you are making the rules an hour can be as long or short as you want it to be.

@Bill Haddow
You really need to get out more often! :wink:
By avtur3
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
JAFO wrote: .... How can a Woman's Hour be only forty-five minutes ...... .

Blame it on BBC cutbacks .... :lol:

Rumour has it that the panel show 'Just a minute' will become 'Just 45 seconds' and 'Hancock's Half Hour' will become 'Hancock's 20 minutes'
.... sorry, I'll get my coat ...
By ChampChump
It's usually an easy decision to turn off my R4 wallpaper at 10:02. Jane Garvey is better on the podcast with Fi Glover 'Fortunately'. I'm not sure Dame Jenni would be better anywhere.
By PeteSpencer
Haven't tuned in to 'Woman's Hour since it was intimately connected to 'Listen with Mother' at 1.45pm.

Peter
By Trent772
PeteSpencer wrote:Haven't tuned in to 'Woman's Hour since it was intimately connected to 'Listen with Mother' at 1.45pm.

Peter

Mammma..... Mammma.... Prrrrrrrr :pirat: :thumleft:
By Bill Haddow
PeteSpencer wrote:Haven't tuned in to 'Woman's Hour since it was intimately connected to 'Listen with Mother' at 1.45pm.

Peter

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin . . .

Bill H
By JAFO
Isn't having Woman's Hour a bit sexist in this day and age?

"Right ladies, we've done the news and the weather, we've covered finance and farming and the smart 9AM discussion programme for the chaps, now we've got something just for the girls..."

Seems somewhat anachronistic.

By ChampChump
Old argument, that one. I suppose it's honest, at least; other programmes could be criticised for having an agenda without an obvious title.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this