For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Bill Haddow wrote:(e) repeats the nonsense that the air above the wing is forced to flow faster. It isn't, it is a fluid, not a solid, and is independent of the air below the wing.

Bill H

All models are wrong, some are useful.

George Box.

G
kanga liked this
By kanga
Genghis the Engineer wrote:..

All models are wrong, some are useful.

George Box...

<shameless drift :oops: >

that quote reminded me of Flanders & Swann's 'Friendly duet', written during the 'Profumo Affair':

https://www.musixmatch.com/lyrics/Fland ... endly-Duet

.. which ends:

"So guard against gossip, and take every care
Lest some blameless escutcheon you blot;
Such models of friendship are precious and rare
Though the friendship of models is not!" :)

</>
rf3flyer, Charles Hunt liked this
By Colonel Panic
johnm wrote:@Colonel Panic is this all the result of the anti-hoarding treatment working? :D :D

Hoarding is not when of my better traits. Not helped by the fact that I have not moved house in 30 years.

I have come across two Faversham Bank One Pound Notes. One is dated 1810, the other 1811. Incredibly delicate "paper" ...

I also have a collection of ALL of the Bank Cards that I have ever had - ranging from £10 Cheque Guarantee Cards through to modern day.
johnm, Flyin'Dutch', AndyR and 1 others liked this
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
@Colonel Panic I confess a degree of fellowship, mostly in ancient paperwork and obsolete mobile phones, ipads and PC cables and accessories..... :D

We moved house 15 years ago which did help a bit..... :D
Colonel Panic liked this
By Bill McCarthy
The RN dabbled in fluidics in the mid ‘60s as a control mechanism which would be incorruptible by electromagnetic influences. Thank goodness it never came to pass as I just couldn’t get my head around it.
By Propwash
Colonel Panic wrote:Hoarding is not when of my better traits. Not helped by the fact that I have not moved house in 30 years.

Nothing wrong with hoarding stuff. My wife occasionally insists on a clear out of my garage or my shed after she has been unable to locate something or other that she wanted. I reluctantly comply, shedding as little as I can get away with while maintaining domestic harmony, but I guarantee that within a week I will have need of something that was hoarded for years unused and which went in the clearout. It is so infallible that there should be a name for the law that dictates that should happen. :(

PW
Colonel Panic, johnm liked this
By CherokeePete
Propwash wrote:...there should be a name for the law that dictates that should happen. :(

PW

There is: "CherokeePete's Law" (TM).

Founded on the basis that 5 mins after I post something it will be deleted then someone will wish it was still there because it was extremely useful.

:cyclopsani:
kanga liked this