For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By eltonioni
Trent772 wrote:https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/germany-air-force-one-airbus-a350/

Good link. Angela's new crib

Hang on, haven't we seen Angela's interior somewhere before?

johnm, JAFO, flybymike liked this
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Angela's machine is a lot more elegant and stylish I reckon.
By kanga
eltonioni wrote:..
Eswatini; no, me neither, ..

used to be called 'Swaziland'; belated (by decades) analogy of Bechuanaland->Botswana, Basutoland->Lesotho, each reflecting the national name for its people at its core. Useful for quizzes :)

</trivia nerd>
By nallen
eltonioni wrote:France: Although they do operate "four Dassault Falcon 50s, two Dassault Falcon 900s, two Dassault Falcon 7Xs…"

Thereby allowing le Président to show off France's range of domestically produced bizjets.
eltonioni, johnm liked this
By eltonioni
nallen wrote:
eltonioni wrote:France: Although they do operate "four Dassault Falcon 50s, two Dassault Falcon 900s, two Dassault Falcon 7Xs…"

Thereby allowing le Président to show off

Corrected that for you. :)
nallen liked this
By johnm
Some of the decoration is likely to be vinyl rather than paint I suspect.....
By Jim Jones
johnm wrote:Some of the decoration is likely to be vinyl rather than paint I suspect.....

Would it withstand 500kts at 35000ft and minus 50C?
By PeteSpencer
I see the twitterati are already whining about the orientation of the flag

FFS it’s not a bleedin flag, it’s a stylised representation of the Union Flag .Its ‘orientation’ is irrelevant.

Peter
By Propwash
PeteSpencer wrote:I see the twitterati are already whining about the orientation of the flag

FFS it’s not a bleedin flag, it’s a stylised representation of the Union Flag .Its ‘orientation’ is irrelevant.

Peter

Its orientation is spot on. Viewed from the other side that would be obvious.

And I think it is very impressive.

PW
By Trent772
Jim Jones wrote:
johnm wrote:Some of the decoration is likely to be vinyl rather than paint I suspect.....

Would it withstand 500kts at 35000ft and minus 50C?

It is a micro perforated 3M product that is normally used. The 'Panty Liner' design on our Thomas Cock aeroplanes was vinyl as was a lot of the other stuff.
By johnm
I haven't seen any discussion about the orientation of the "flag" and I agree it's a quite elegant stylised representation not an actual flag and it's either normal or a distress signal depending on where you think the flagpole might be :-)
By eltonioni
Just in case anyone might get any fancy ideas that the UK should have a fleet of a dozen dedicated VIP aircraft like France.

Let's think sideways. Now that military aeroplanes are either invisible to the enemy or viewable to everyone on FR24 this is a fantastic opportunity to show off Brand Britain. I think the time has come for the entire RAF fleet to be raspberry rippled. Even the Russkis couldn't resist publishing photos of red white and blue Typhoons intercepting their Bears.
flybymike, Dave W, Trent772 liked this
By johnm
The old “what’s it for?” question is getting harder to answer in military circles I fear.