Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By mikeblyth
Went to FENLAND yesterday. Went up to the table and was told closed for food. What would you like :D
Sat out side with me bacon bap and tea. Wonderfull FENLAND.
There is always good selection of sandwiches, cold drinks etc in chiller cabinet.
mick w, ChampChump, Iceman liked this
By Dodo
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I see the guidance on the Sandown site has changed from something like "You must not leave the airfield," to, "We recommend our visitors remain on the Airfield grounds."
By XX
Turweston were also deservedly busy today, lots of visitors, cafe open and an ultra friendly welcome.

It made a great destination to meet up with my sister, first time since lockdown, hooray.
By clarkeysntfc
Being based at Turweston meant I missed most of you but it's great to be based at a place which seems to be so "can do" and welcoming.

I went down to Redhill, which was a nice trip and the Pilot's Hub cafe was busy mainly with locals. However there were very few aeroplane arrivals / departures which was quite suprising.

It is fair to say, the new Farnborough CAS is... not ideal...
By Rob P
clarkeysntfc wrote:... it's great to be based at a place which seems to be so "can do" and welcoming.

We had the misfortune to be based at somewhere that was most definitely "can't do" and during the recent lockdown had to battle for the statutory engine health flight for a fortnight before it was grudgingly approved. Would you believe a 17 screen online application for permission to fly the one hour / less than ten miles from the hangar bimble?

Now well away from there it's much better. Turweston is an object lesson in how a GA airfield should be run. I wish it were further East.

Rob P
mick w, patsr22 liked this