For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
stevelup wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote:Goat meat is bliddy hard to get: My mate is a butcher and he struggled to find some : pretty expensive too but they do make divine kebabs .
Garden smelled like a Tunisian village .up in the mountains

This place near me is good...

https://thegourmetgoatfarmer.co.uk

... I could forward some on!

many thanks:

Mebbee prudent to wait till there's a few more peeps at home here to enjoy it:
Freezers are stuffed full with more mundane lockdown nosh.

Url saved.

Peter :wink:
By Propwash
PeteSpencer wrote:@Propwash

I'll wait till my Chinese knock-off clippers arrive from China by sampan:

It'll be down to my knees by then.

Peter :roll:

Well at least you look like a man who is content with his lot in life. The New Age Hippy style might even suit you. :lol:

PW
By cockney steve
Electric fence?...Livestock learns pretty quickly, though they have been known to lean over between pulses and take a quick nibble....the newer ones are virtually continuous. put up a couple of hundred feet in less than an hour yesterday....old car battery, spike unit into ground, clip onto battery, one clip to metallised "string" one to spike and the cows show respect! (I think they hear the buzz and know it's consequences!....but even if it's off, they still keep clear. Goats are very canny, I think it would deter them.
By Pete L
Lockdown Goats Day 26 (losing track of time).

No goats for a couple weeks - apart from one brave one that managed to jump *between* two strands of taut barbed wire 6" apart. I'm guessing it was female cos there was no tackle dangling on the fence - just some fur - when it jumped out again.

I do have electric but you aren't supposed to wire electric along a barbed wire fence - I'm guessing for some H&S reason.

Goats apparently need higher fences than sheep and stronger electric than cattle.

Clever little b*gg*rs though.

Neighbours have now added some straggly looking horned black sheep for fattening - makes it more obvious why there's a proverb about separating sheep from goats.
Pete L wrote:I do have electric but you aren't supposed to wire electric along a barbed wire fence - I'm guessing for some H&S reason.

To do with risk of person / animal getting caught or snagged on barbed wire and being constantly zapped by electric fence.

Pete L wrote:
Neighbours have now added some straggly looking horned black sheep for fattening - makes it more obvious why there's a proverb about separating sheep from goats.

Not so much a proverb as the adverb clause in Matthew 25:32 "and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats"

Bill H
Pete L liked this