For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Iceman wrote:Image

Ive seen quite a few of these kind of jokes doing the rounds. The thing is that not one person that I know who is working from home actually wants to continue doing it a day longer than they have to. They all say that they work longer to get less work done at home, and cant wait to get to the office to be able to work in peace... just sayin'...
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Likewise Paul, I do the majority of my work from my home office, visiting clients when required. I find the quiet, non-distracting home office environment extremely conducive to productive and solid, efficient working. The lack of a daily commute is a huge bonus that saves a lot of time and bother, giving more time for non-fatigued, concentrated working at home. As you say, I can only imagine that people who would want to return to an office environment have huge distractions such as screaming kids at home. I do sometimes miss the social interaction but my work involves deep technical thought for which a normal office environment is just too distracting.

Iceman 8)
JAFO liked this
It will be fascinating to see her try, in a nation with such disparate infrastructure that people will walk five hundred miles, and five hundred more.
Nicola Sturgeon has warned Scots she is ready to put a five-mile travel limit into law after thousands of people flouted her guidelines on the first weekend of lockdown being eased.

The First Minister said she “would not hesitate” to act if "there is continued evidence of even a minority" of people continuing to ignore guidance on staying within five miles of home.