For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By rf3flyer
@Flyingfemme Good to read of your success in the bakery. I hope you'll keep it up when this is all over.
As to the MiL, I'm sure she's proud and appreciative of your efforts. :thumright:
By OCB
seanxair wrote:Would look a bit easier on the eye from t'other end :shock:

Very few spit roasts look appealing (ok, let’s not go down “that” route please!).

Mate of mine is Serbian, and each summer he drove from Belgium back home, with the sprogs in the back of the Espace. One time they drove through a mountain village, where they had a piglet roasting over an open fire in front of a cafe. His 7 or 8 yr old son shouted “daddy, look! They’re cooking dinosaur!”

He knew Serbia was a bit behind the times, but not that much.... :lol:
kanga, Trent772 liked this
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Trent772 wrote:Well......

They taste just like chicken;

But get the chef to chop the paws/feet off before serving them up, purely from the aesthetic point of view.

Cuy and chips/salad: Highly over-rated. A lot of work for little reward, but you've gotta do it once.....

Peter :roll:
Trent772 liked this
By seanxair
PeteSpencer wrote:Are your pizzas so tough they need a Mole wrench to get 'em out of the oven?

Peter

Nah. They are to get his teeth back out of the pizza :lol:
By Propwash
Good effort tKF. I did once consider installing a wood-burning (small) pizza oven in the garden but we decided that we didn't eat enough of it to bother. Roast pork on the BBQ here today. :pig:

PW
By rf3flyer
@TheKentishFledgling I have no experience of one of these pizza ovens but regarding peel (paddle) stick I recommend semolina flour. Miniature ball bearings!
By TheKentishFledgling
Propwash wrote:Good effort tKF. I did once consider installing a wood-burning (small) pizza oven in the garden but we decided that we didn't eat enough of it to bother. Roast pork on the BBQ here today. :pig:

PW

This one is borrowed from a neighbour a few doors from us who we've got to know during lockdown. He's started up a bakery business - doing pleasingly well during the these strange times: the guy is half Italian and certainly knows what he's doing in the kitchen. He's upgraded to one of the "pro" wood fired ovens - his plan was to take it to festivals, events etc but that's obviously on hold for now. Anyway, he's said we can use the roccbox whenever we like - I've just ordered a propane cylinder :lol:

Thanks @rf3flyer - I've read the semolina tip online, will try that next time and report back.