For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Propwash
My wife has my old iPhone SE which I replaced with an XR last year. It is only about 3 years old.

She had recently charged it up and the indicator showed about 98% just now. She then received a 'phone call and after ending it the 'phone just seems to have "died". No amount of button pressing wakes it up. I tried connecting to a power source to see if that would do something without joy. When I ring it from my mobile it says "not available". Never had anything like this before. Any tips on what I can do to sort it out for her?

Help appreciated as always.

PW
By Mad Girl
I had a similar issue with my Nokia recently.

I had to do a soft reboot by pressing the power and volume up buttons at the same time.

‘Phone has been good as gold since.
By Propwash
I tried the home button and the power button together to do a reboot but nothing. Strangely, I just tried to power on again a couple of minutes ago and it worked. I am now wondering is it had become overheated sitting on the patio table outside? Strange that it shut down straight after receiving a 'phone call though.

Oh, well, domestic bliss has resumed now she thinks I have worked a miracle for her. :wink:

PW
Flyin'Dutch', Rob L liked this
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Nice that you can still be a domestic hero after this time.

Viv now just hangs on to me out of charity - she can wield the hammer for fence rails and we use a strap wrench on pickle jars,
Propwash liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
Could be a completely knackered battery. The call may have reduced its voltage below that where it was even recognised for charging. Sometimes, on some phones, just leaving the charger on for a few days will trickle charge it enough to start charging properly, but sometimes and on others it won't. Resting it may have brought the battery voltage back up.

Or it could have shut down due to heat. :D
By Propwash
Paul_Sengupta wrote:
Or it could have shut down due to heat. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for that, Paul. I'm putting my money on it being that. I don't think the battery has had enough use/charging to be that knackered. Interestingly I still have the old iPhone 4s that she had (from me) before the SE. I got it years and years ago and I keep it with a PAYG sim just as a spare and for taking abroad to put local sim cards in as it is now not tied to any network. It still works fine, holds its charge and has never missed a beat even in extreme temperatures. Progress, eh?

PW
By PeteSpencer
Does iPhone not give an 'overheat' message ?

My iPad sends me the message:

' Look Pete, old chap , I'm feeling terribly hot and sticky in this bloody cockpit, and if you don't turn me off soon, I think I'm gonna flake ou..............................'

Peter :roll:
By flybymike
Look Pete, old chap , I'm feeling terribly hot and sticky in this bloody cockpit, and if you don't turn me off soon, I think I'm gonna flake ou..............................'

Are you sure that wasn’t the passenger?