Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By chevvron
9.30am.
In my back garden about 4 miles east of Bagshot mast, single engined aircraft firstly heard then seen heading firmly north east towards Heathrow and definitely not on the 'standard' Ascot - Burnham route; too far away to identify but sounded like a Cirrus SR22 or similar. :oops:
By PaulSS
@chevvron That Mrs Smith at number 28 needs her net curtains cleaning and you'll never guess what's been happening with you-know-who and Mr Brown at number 2.

Have you really got nothing better to do than play sad spotter and assume someone is in the wrong? Please log in to your account at Curtain Twitchers R Us and update them with your observations :roll:
Wide-Body, rogerb, JodelDavo and 7 others liked this
By Sir Morley Steven
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I remember back in the class A CTR day and the river was flooded around my gaff in Staines I got SVFR down the M3 to orbit just to the west of my house, around Thorpe Park to take some photos.
As expected Forum curtain twitchers immediately started banging on about the “idiot” flying “at circuit height” right next to Fairoaks.
It would have been rude not to join in!
Danny liked this
By chevvron
PaulSS wrote:Have you really got nothing better to do than play sad spotter and assume someone is in the wrong? Please log in to your account at Curtain Twitchers R Us and update them with your observations :roll:

Least I didn't rush indoors and look at FR24 like most spotters; probably wouldn't have shown anyway. I only noticed it 'cos I was in the garden at the time. :cheese:
By kanga
Sir Morley Steven wrote:I remember back in the class A CTR day .. I got SVFR .., around Thorpe Park..

ISTR an airstrip and water aerodrome at Thorpe Park, and even a Wideroe Otter floatplane flying in and (by arrangement) being met by Customs... :)