Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By MichaelP
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Jon Cooke, known to people here, advertised two pairs of Peltor headsets for £50 each.
I’d buy them if I needed them, they are favourites of mine, I still have two pairs but don’t want to be greedy.
MichaelP wrote:Jon Cooke, known to people here, advertised two pairs of Peltor headsets for £50 each.
I’d buy them if I needed them, they are favourites of mine, I still have two pairs but don’t want to be greedy.

If going non-ANR I'd choose the Peltor over the DCs every time, much more comfortable IMO.
Bathman wrote:I not sure the HM40's of today are the same quality as HM40's from 25 years ago.

Regardless of the age of the HM40's the cable is no where near as robust as that of DC's. In fact I've got a pair of HM40's fitted with a DC cable - much better.

I'd go for used DC's

are hd40s ok?
MichaelP wrote:Jon Cooke, known to people here, advertised two pairs of Peltor headsets for £50 each.

Do you have a link (is it a public sale)?

any link?
By TheFarmer
DC13.4 headsets are easily the most robust, and the best buy for the long term.

Personally, I didn’t like my Sennheiser ANR’s, and binned then for passive 13.4’s that are quieter, and don’t creak like an old granny’s knees on a mogul field.
I hate ear clamps. I wouldn't buy any of the traditional budgety headsets as they would drive me up the wall with the clamp force needed to isolate the noise.

So I bought these instead:

https://www.quiettechnologies.com/

QT Halos.

Superb sound quality and excellent noise attenuation. I also love the fact you can wear a hat and sunglasses without ruining the sound isolation. Also no more sweaty ears!

They're a lot fiddly to put on/ take off, but IMO its a trade off worthwhile.

Other similar items are available from other vendors, but as far as I know the Halo's are the only ones that have the mini speaker on the headband with 'sound tubes' (silicone mini hose :lol: ) going into the ears. This means there's no electrical wire to rip off by accident. The silicone hoses can be easily replaced and spares come with the headset.

I love my set (as you can probably tell!), but you do have to have a tolerance for in ear headphones, which I've no problem with, but I know others can't tolerate.

Andy
By PeteSpencer
andytk58 wrote:
So I bought these instead:

https://www.quiettechnologies.com/

QT Halos
They're a lot fiddly to put on/ take off, but IMO its a trade off worthwhile
Andy

IMHO
The OP is looking for a cheap, robust and. easy to use headset.

This offering doesn’t appear to tick any of those boxes. :wink:

Peter
PA28, WaxMax45 liked this