A place for regular members to sell their aviation stuff (non-commercial only pls, and no aircraft for sale)
Forum rules: Non-Aviation or commercial items are not accepted. The option to put items for sale here is in the first place for regular posters, if you are not (yet) a regular poster it may be that your ad will not be accepted.

Buyers and sellers should be aware that Flyer Forums or its parent company are not responsible for the articles put up for sale here nor can be held liable for any part of the transaction process - the usual internet buying and selling caveats apply and should be borne in mind when dealing with buyer/sellers through an internet site.
By Rob P
There was a time when I would have suggested the Key Publishing Historic Forum, but since a software change the place has tumbleweed blowing through it and the real experts who used to visit have drifted away (as have I)

There are a few Facebook pages for historic aircraft fans that might be worth a go.

I have put out a couple of feelers anyway.

Rob P
By Genghis the Engineer
I've sat in a few that looked very like that - I think a crash certified removable military helicopter seat. From the fibre glass seat pack, likely in a Royal Navy helicopter, something like a Naval Lynx or Sea King.

I suspect that somewhere you'll find a data plate saying it was made by Martin Baker (the PSP clip, seat pan and inertia reel control look extremely familiar), who are in Denham, Bucks and may be able to advise on the model.

I'd go to auction with something like that, it may have some significant nostalgia/novelty value - I doubt anybody wants it in an aircraft with no paperwork.

G
By timjenner
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Would be interested in taking an idle look when you've worked out where to sell this - I'm sure it'll be too pricey and bulky for me given that I'd have to smuggle it past the wife but I like it a lot!

Cheers,
Tim