Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By seanxair
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
johnm wrote:I suspect a little buggette

I would think it's quite a big buggette if it is spraying other peoples confidential details about. It would be best to self report to ICO I think.
By JAFO
Yes, I did. I've e-mailed FLYER to say that I've never heard of the person whose e-mail they had against my name. Odd it's happening to more than one of us. Perhaps the move to digital won't be entirely problem free. I do hope it's not too many of us affected, though.
By ChampChump
Ditto. I suspected at first a generic e-mail was inserted and not changed but then again, why bother? Some poor gmail address seems to have been been sorely misused.

My e-mail address has been on file since I started subscribing way back.
By timjenner
ChampChump wrote:Ditto. I suspected at first a generic e-mail was inserted and not changed but then again, why bother?

I wondered that too, but it's an entirely plausible address (not something random like "joe.bloggs@..."). Out of interest, does the incorrect address you had listed start with a "p" and end with an "n"?
By BlackheathBloke
Same here, I've been sent a completely different person's e-mail address.

Also the email address shown in the letter, to contact with queries is showing as
subcriptions@seager.aero

I assume there's an 's' missing and it should be
subscriptions@seager.aero
By seanxair
Rich V wrote:
timjenner wrote: Out of interest, does the incorrect address you had listed start with a "p" and end with an "n"?

Affirm!

Same here so it may be just one email address that has been sent out. It is a real surname and could indeed be a valid email.