For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:Yes

There will, of course, be a broker's cost for these transactions. I have negotiated a very favourable flat fee of £15 per trade.

Rob P

Can I make an enquiry, Sir. Could it be that the flat fee mention was inserted between yesterday evening 2121 and this morning 0916?

:D
Rob P wrote:Yes

There will, of course, be a broker's cost for these transactions. I have negotiated a very favourable flat fee of £15 per trade.

Rob P

I'll just take my three hundred quid profit Rob. You can keep my stake monies which isn't too shabby considering that you didn't put anything in.
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Can I make an enquiry, Sir. Could it be that the flat fee mention was inserted between yesterday evening 2121 and this morning 0916?

It is charged when I receive your instruction to sell, which canb be at any random time as the brokerage is not manned 24 hours. Are you selling?

eltonioni wrote:
I'll just take my three hundred quid profit Rob.

Is that a sell order?

Rob P
I came back to the Forum a bit too late to join in here, but I am following progress with interest.

Warren Buffet held his annual shareholder meeting (virtually) for his Berkshire Hathaway fund over the weekend. He is famous for taking positions in stocks during downturns, memorably saying (and I paraphrase):
"Every so often the dark economic skies rain gold and we should rush outside to fill bathtubs."

It is notable that rather than doing that, as he did in the aftermath of 2008, he has actually done the opposite this time, selling his entire stakes in all his US airline stock and buying nothing new. He was oozing caution.

His fund is worth $137 Billion so he is always worth listening to. He told his shareholders: "Our position is to stay a Fort Knox."

Food for thought.

PW
Propwash wrote:I came back to the Forum a bit too late to join in here, but I am following progress with interest.

I'm sure we can accommodate a late entrant if you'd like to specify where your Grand should be placed.

Rob P
FD's decision not to bail yet has been vindicated as he leaps to the top of the leader board.

Generally speaking oils and airlines are the drag on the portfolio which is showing a healthy 20% plus return after just five weeks.

ImageFlyer Portfolio Rank by Rob, on Flickr

Rob P