Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By patowalker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
JAFO wrote:I know nothing about the flight but could it have not been for work? That would be a reasonable excuse.

Of course it could have been for work, unless he forgot his camera at home.
By Crash one
I would guess any single engine piston would stop in about twice it’s length after a splash down.
The numerous bridges might be a bonus, being full of potential rescuers.
More a case of picking a spot between the traffic!
By Dave W
SteveX wrote:But we don't need a nautical mile, 50m for a sep splash down?

Of course not. That's purely for scale.

Are you certain you can approach over a bridge without swiping the top of a double-decker or smashing into a Thames barge?

No, you're not.

So why should bus passengers, bargees or whomever in that high population density environment be put at risk because you fancy a jolly up the river?
By muffin
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
I would be interested to know how many of the general population are now using FR24. At a recent socially distanced local outdoor gathering to celebrate VE Day I found that to my surprise that when a jet went over at high altitude against the blue sky at least two of my neighbours promptly got out their smart phones and announced who it was and where it was going to together with its ETA.
By tomtytom
Thread drift, not checked if they where on FR24 but got spotted and police intervened with this aviator according to the local forces fb post.

Curious to know how that conversation with plod went..
By Hooligan
Shouted I should imagine...

Guy flying an RC aircraft in the middle of Kenley Aerodrome a couple of Sundays ago - although he was certainly socially isolated, not really in the spirit of things. I believe the police spoke to a couple of blokes doing the same on the old Croydon Airport site recently.
By tomtytom
Miscellaneous wrote:Three charged in Glasgow for flying a drone over hospital.

Wonder if they are capable of understanding what charged means? :roll:

Plod "im charging you for this offence!"
Droner "aww great cheers officer, these batteries are running low"

:lol: :lol:
By skydriller
Great to see leisure aviation back in France.
Currently watching GA, ULMs and gliders operating out of various places where the weather is better than here. Bearing in mind how few have ADSB fitted in France, there are probably a whole lot more flying than are being picked up. :thumleft:

I just need our runway to dry out a bit after the floods last weekend...

Regards, SD..
Iceman liked this