For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
This week's table.

The plague ships continue to be a good bet. Interesting how the US market shares are clustering at the top of the table

FD is playing a blinder. Financial Director?

ImageFlyer Portfolio Rank by Rob, on Flickr

Note that the % gain/loss relates only to the shares held, the cash has an effect on the rank. I will sort that out next week.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Well I have been taken aback a bit by the meteoric rise over the last few days - my choice was purely based on a wild gamble; if it comes to nothing 1k is down the drain, should I (and we all) get lucky and their vaccine does work I will be well off!

An observation is that once again the Petridishes are in the lead and the healing faction follows;

I learned that lesson a long time ago.

My mother died nearly 20 years ago and we had been flown to the Netherlands courtesy of Norfolk and Good Airways by the very generous 2 Donkeys (Thank you).

To make a bit of an appearance I had rented a black Mercedes E Class to get about and go to the funeral.

At the undertakers we were organising the service and the wake and whilst peering in a pensive mood over the carpark, as you do, I noted that the only other car there was the Mercedes 500 SEL which belonged to the undertaker.

I commented to the undertaker that his business was clearly way more profitable than my line of work, when he said: 'Why do you say that?'

Pointing at the cars I said: 'Look if you are in the business of fixing folks you can afford to rent an E Class, when you took after the dead you can afford a 500 SEL!'

We had a laugh and organised the rest of the proceedings.

I did of course negotiate an appropriate discount after that.

:)
kanga, eltonioni, nallen liked this
Charliesixtysix wrote:And now....

(Hiring out supertanker space seems quite lucrative at present though :thumright: )

Oh, absolutely! If I could be bothered, I’d point back over the years when I’ve said exactly that. I had my nearest and dearest, who was at the time a broker for polypropylene precursers. That’s huge effin tankers, wobbin about off the coast, just waiting for the price of crude to pop up over a certain level.
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
You mean our friend Elon? Nah, I am like Warren Buffett don't like volatility not going to stick good money in Tesla.

However being stuck on a stock when the game is only short-lived is an unnecessary risk.

Getting out of vaccines and into dirty oil may not be a bad option in the next few weeks.