Group flying opportunities & questions
By Adam_R
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I'll be moving to Wattisham in May. Looking for an SEP share in the area.

Any types considered, just seeing what's available. :thumleft:
By Rob P
Lucky you - One of God's chosen counties and I am sure you will love it here :D

There's not a lot about, certainly I'm not aware of anything particularly tasty at the moment. But please feel free to come and visit Old Buckenham once you are settled (and it's allowed).

Rob P
By Rob P
@Highland Park

I presume Hotel Hotel is run on some kind of non-equity group? I never seem to see the same person flying it two days running.

(For the OP it's a 172)

Rob P
By Highland Park
Rob P wrote:@Highland Park

I presume Hotel Hotel is run on some kind of non-equity group? I never seem to see the same person flying it two days running.

(For the OP it's a 172)

Rob P

Yes it is. They’ve produced some flyers that are on the counter in the radio room, but for obvious reasons I can’t get to one. If the OP is interested in a 172 (it’s an F172H), I can put him in touch with the group trustees....

Ian
Rob P liked this
By Rob P
It would be nice if the group checkout included some test on how to park it considerately in the hangar.

But as mentioned before, PA28 and C152/172 are easily available. 'Nice' aircraft are a bit less harder to come by.

Maybe Geoff should group the yellow Staggerwing?

Rob P
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By JAFO
So, we've covered lots of things that are available in south Norfolk but is there anything in the county @Adam_R was interested in?
By Rob P
Well there's always another PA28 in very Northern Suffolk. We await its appearance here with bated breath ;)

Rob P
PeteSpencer liked this
By Adam_R
Rob P wrote:Lucky you - One of God's chosen counties and I am sure you will love it here :D

There's not a lot about, certainly I'm not aware of anything particularly tasty at the moment. But please feel free to come and visit Old Buckenham once you are settled (and it's allowed).

Rob P

I will take you up on that offer. Tasty would be great, but it looks like it may have to be a Warrior in Norfolk :lol:
By Rob P
We often see WA going about its business. It's quite a large group, and the thing that is apparent to the outsider, is that all the guys flying it seem cheerful and chatty. They once loaned us a pair of lifejackets which saved us having to return home (40 minutes) and get ours out of the spare room. :wall:

Rob P
By condor17
Is there a Wattisham Army Flying Association flying club ? There is at Mid Wallop ,,,,,, they have C172 , G -OAFA !

rgds condor .
By PeteSpencer

We are in the process of marketing a 1/7th share in our Arrow:
Fully Airways tourer LPV certificated.

Final Ad going up at the weekend but have a look here:

Fersfield Flying Group website

to whet your appetite..

Based North Suffolk next to Knettishall Heath, 20 minutes from Wattisham

Gimme a bell(contact on website) if you'd like a chat.
I’d be happy to show you over a/c and our gorgeous strip
A/c currently away for annual/ARC back by May hopefully

Go on - you know it makes sense
(Adam_R I have emailed you via Forum)

Peter :wink:
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
By PeteSpencer
JAFO wrote:So, we've covered lots of things that are available in south Norfolk but is there anything in the county @Adam_R was interested in?

Oh yes!

Peter :wink:
JAFO liked this