Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
The CAA has released ORS4 No.1374, the subject of which is the extension of validity and other time periods for EASA licences, ratings, privileges, endorsements and certificates of aeroplane and helicopter pilots, instructors and examiners conducting flying operations (other than within an organisation holding a National Air Operator’s Certificate, Police Air Operator’s Certificate or required to comply with Part-ORO).

It may be viewed at https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/1374.pdf
PaulB liked this
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Coo that's hopefully great news don't need my PMD after all...….just need a chat with a certain examiner......
So if I'm reading that correctly, if my Class Rating expires between 16th March and 31st October I can get an extension of this to 22nd November?

It still says that my ratings page needs to be endorsed appropriately. Can this be done electronically? I scan it, email it to examiner, he signs a printed copy, scans it and sends it back?

Cheers

Andy
By GrahamB
He/she could post you a sticky label annotated in the right places which you could then stick in your licence in the signatures section.

That would mean all signatures are ‘real’ on your original licence.

Edit: :oops:
Last edited by GrahamB on Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:roll: RTFM!! See note 4(d):
(d) Where the licence or log book endorsement at 3(b), (c) or (e) is carried out remotely, the instructor or examiner shall provide the pilot with a Temporary Certificate Extending Validity of Licence Privileges (Form SRG 1100-Ops-ORS4 1373). This may be done electronically or by post and the pilot shall carry a hard copy of the temporary certificate with their licence.
By MattL
From the ORS:

Where the licence or log book endorsement at 3(b), (c) or (e) is carried out remotely, the
instructor or examiner shall provide the pilot with a Temporary Certificate Extending Validity
of Licence Privileges (Form SRG 1100-Ops-ORS4 1373). This may be done electronically
or by post and the pilot shall carry a hard copy of the temporary certificate with their licence.

I am sure many examiner and FIs (including myself) will be looking to support the briefing required and this activity by remote means for any pilots needing this help.

Cracking work by the CAA.
By muffin
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
Excellent. This solves my problem of my rotary instructor hour timing out. Just need the 6 month calendar inspection on the aircraft to be extended now. ( and flight to be allowed of course).
By PaulB
What is the examiner report form mentioned in 3(a)(ii)? Many people will use an FCL745 is it (or is it 945) FI to renew a rating.

Interesting that there's also mention of "class or type specific abnormal and emergency procedures, as appropriate".
By MattL
PaulB - it is referring to the skill test/proficiency check content for whatever rating under discussion. i.e. if it is a SEP rating I would talk through the SEP class rating items, if an IR, then the IR. See SRG1157 form for the content.
Great news.
Couple of quick questions, is the extension to 22nd Nov, typically ratings have been to the last day of a month?

I have two rating, TMG and SEP. I already have had my TMG rating extended to April 2022. BUT if I have my SEP extended by this OSR it will move it out significantly meaning my two ratings are 7 months apart.

Is it possible to apply the OSR to my TMG rating, effectively bringing the expiry forward from April 2022 to Nov 2020 in order to keep the two aligned?

Thanks
By Highland Park
Please forgive me for being really thick; I sometimes struggle to interpret these notices because of the way they are written.

Does this include my EASA PPL which ordinarily I was due to revalidate by experience (with the instructor hour) on or before 30 June this year, or are the instructions for this still to be issued?

Thanks

Ian