For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
1) Sunday morning hooning locally
2) A fast run down to Bordeaux
3) A daily driver for a big city
4) The electric one to salve your conscience

1.) Golf R
2.) Panamera Turbo
3.) A second Golf R
4.) I’d rather walk than have to endlessly sit at a little charging point eating quinoa salad and reading The Guardian.
Chris Martyr, Charles Hunt, seanxair and 1 others liked this
By CloudHound
With all that room at the strip use £50k for solar and power wall so you can charge overnight.

Order a Rivian pick up truck with its 400 mile range, 4 motors and Tank Turn manoeuvrability.
Rob P liked this
By Rob P
Fascinating projected vehicle, not one I had been following closely, but interesting in an example of car manufacturers buying in electric platforms and putting their own body on them.

The Rivian vehicles, based around a common “skateboard-like” platform, ... able to accelerate from standstill to beyond 97km/h in 2.8 seconds. In other words, a pick-up truck and a big family SUV, both capable of towing more than 5,000kg of trailer weight, that can beat a Lamborghini away from the traffic lights.

What Ford (who have invested heavily in Rivian) wants is access to that “skateboard” battery stack and Rivian’s efficient electric motors.... as it works on developing what might just be the Blue Oval’s holy grail; an electric F-150 pick-up.

It would not be exaggerating to say that Ford is essentially a company that makes the F150 pick-up and some other cars. The pick-up, and its spin-off variants, have been the company’s main driver of sales and profits for decades now, but it’s starting to taper off.

This might be a good time to invest your pension fund in tyre manufacturers. It looks like they will win whoever's badge is on the vehicle.

Rob P
The Kissimmee Bum liked this
By PeteSpencer
CloudHound wrote:With all that room at the strip use £50k for solar and power wall so you can charge overnight.

Order a Rivian pick up truck with its 400 mile range, 4 motors and Tank Turn manoeuvrability.

Just googled it: What a mean looking beast:
What's the fold down flap ahead of the left rear wheel?
Is it a boot for yer overnight bag or a desk top to place yer laptop to programme in yer journeys?

Peter :wink:
By Rob P
Flux capacitor access panel, behind which is a rectangular-shaped compartment with three flashing Geissler-style tubes .

Rob P
By Flyingfemme
@PeteSpencer it’s a passthru boot. Door at each side and full width storage for stuff like fishing poles or skis. Doors also act as a seat for enjoying the countryside when parked!
PeteSpencer liked this
By eltonioni
A relatively modest garage and way under budget.

Lotus 7 series 3

911 TT or Cayenne TT

Fiat 500 pop

Gocycle GX
By Rob P
eltonioni wrote:

Gocycle GX

That's a neat bit of kit. Very nice.

But at that price will probably remain a fantasy for me.

Rob P
By Jim Jones

Aston Martin DB5
Mercedes SL 500
Fiat 500
BMW i3

All used with good service records. Never buy new cars with your own money.
By skydriller
Well, yu-see, the reason I ended up with a 911 convertible is because it does the first 3 (I live nr Bordeaux 8) )

...and as for the last, some of you may know or have figured out that I work in the oil industry so consider that running a flat-six is keeping me in a job... :wink:

Regards, SD..
Sooty25 liked this
By Sooty25
The Kissimmee Bum wrote:Erm but wouldn’t a Mazda MX-5 cover the first three? :wink:

I thought the only thing an MX-5 did well was rust! :lol: