Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Does anyone here use a TRIG TT21?

Mine has a weird habit of just giving me a backlight with no text for about 25% of the times I turn it on. Nothing I can do will make it work once it decides to go on strike.

Then, for the next few flights it’s fine. It did it today for one flight, but for the one beforehand and two afterwards it was fine.

When it’s only backlit it doesn’t transmit, but Boscombe confirmed for me yesterday that it’s working fine when it decides to behave itself.

There’s no correlation with time of day or temperature etc, and the power supply and antenna etc is all ok.

I’m hoping it doesn’t need to come out, and maybe there’s something obvious I’m missing? :?:

Photo is of it playing silly buggers.

I don't know if you have tried calling Trig (assuming they are all not working from home). I've always found them very helpful with tech problems, usually diagnosing things over the phone and getting it right first time.

One possible (relatively) easy check is that the cable between the head unit and the rest of the gubbins is fully plugged in at both ends. Otherwise, assuming you don't have a power supply problem, it will be a case of sending it back to Trig. They are quick on the turn around and usually don't charge for anything.

Good Luck,
WKW
TheFarmer liked this
By TheFarmer
Yep, it does, and on all switch positions too. I just put it to SBY in case it was doing something silly like actually on something like 7700 and I didn’t know about it. SBY normally gives a screen display too.

I tried calling them yesterday. Will try again today. Thanks all. Just wasn’t sure if it was something stupidly simple that I’d overlooked.
By The Kissimmee Bum
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
Farmer,

If it needs to come out it’s not a massive job being only two major components with the altitude encoder being inbuilt but depending on where it’s installed you may need the assistance of a gynaecologist.
By rossmitchell
The backlight means power is applied tobthe TC20 controller head but perhaps has no data communication with the main box. Your issue may be a poor connection on the data link to the TT21 main box. Check the D-type connector is properly secured to the back of the TC20 and if that does not improve things; it has 2 screws to secure that can loosen over time. Failing that check the cable routing for damage to the wiring; perhaps some parts are worn or damaged.
Trig are very good at supporting you, so please call them for any advice.
By TheFarmer
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Because of the approach speed on that placard; could not think of anything you'd fly that had to flown that fast on the approach. Does it have the airbrake?

Yep, it does.

And it’s perfectly ok at 55kts over the hedge too. :wink:
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By mick w
TheFarmer wrote:
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Because of the approach speed on that placard; could not think of anything you'd fly that had to flown that fast on the approach. Does it have the airbrake?

Yep, it does.

And it’s perfectly ok at 55kts over the hedge too. :wink:

But that amount of 'knts' , where did they all come from . :wink: