For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Well, I’ve been ploughing about 40 acres over the last few days, hoping to get the Spring oats in the ground if the weather continues to hold up. Mid way through lambing too - whether you have 70 or 700 ewes, the lambing spell remains the same. New cutting deck blade bearings to fit to the mower as the grass is beginning to show some growth.
seanxair liked this
seanxair wrote:
romille wrote:My wife has come up with a long list of jobs to keep me occupied, currently painting the outside of the house....such joy! :roll:

Hope you aren't up a ladder adding more risk to an overstretched NHS. The wrath of the internet forums will be upon you :twisted:

Would I ever, I live in a bungalow and I am quite tall so no ladders involved 8)
seanxair liked this
kanga wrote:
malcolmfrost wrote:Zooniverse has transcription projects, .. Rainfall rescue is one for example.

background:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-52040822

... and here's a direct link to the project

https://www.zooniverse.org/projects/edh/rainfall-rescue

I've just done a few years....
kanga liked this
We've lived here just short of 21 years and I've just found a plug in a cupboard that I'd never noticed before. There is something plugged into it with a fair old cable, no idea what it is, the wire disappears off behind kitchen cabinets. I turned it off and didn't notice anything, one day I will follow it and see what it is - probably find out I've been paying for the streetlights or something.
kanga, PaulB, Miscellaneous liked this
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
JAFO wrote:We've lived here just short of 21 years and I've just found a plug in a cupboard that I'd never noticed before. There is something plugged into it with a fair old cable, no idea what it is, the wire disappears off behind kitchen cabinets. I turned it off and didn't notice anything, one day I will follow it and see what it is - probably find out I've been paying for the streetlights or something.

You might be surprised:

When we lived(when I was a kid) in SW France in 1950s we discovered that the Landlord had wired the communal hallway/ stairs minuterie to our meter.

And the floor below neighbours were nicking our coal from our basement bunker

Bloody French!

Peter :roll: