Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By WelshRichy
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
1. Vans RV8 - already built because my wife won't let me build one! Probably sensible knowing my DIY skills.
2. Diamond DA42
3. Vans RV8

I'd have to use a lot of the money to buy a property with enough land for grazing, stables and an arena for my wife's lifetime passion.
By CloudHound
I would have to keep my HW-75 Stinson but pay to have it restored to how it was when aerobatic ace and all round totally aviator person Brendan O’Brien owned it. Say £75950 tops.

Then to Rare Aircraft in the states for a Stinson SR-9D in fake Power Petroleum Co LTD colour scheme. $500k

A Vans RV-3B With a Phlogiston wing mod, IO-360 + prop and autopilot. £50k

So with 700k spent I’d buy a house with a strip , treat my dear lady wife Mrs CH and give the rest to Charity.

She’s a lovely girl. :wink:
By Rob P
1) RV-4 (only because I've never flown an RV-3)

2) My current RV-6. No reason to change it.

3) Beech Staggerwing.

Rob P

If the budget would run to it I might like to incorporate a dH Mosquito. Not sure which of the others I'd sacrifice though
By Hooligan
Rob, I gather a restored Mossie from Avspecs is around £5m (think the figure I saw last year was $NZ7.5m which was roughly £5m then).

CloudHound, have seen Brendan twice in the last day or two - even with social distancing, he is never less than ebulliant!
Rob P liked this
By ChampChump
1. Champ
2. Champ
3. Champ

But in my spare hangar, each sort of category 3 with aspirations of 1 & 2: Lysander
DC3 &
something Sopwith (can't decide).
By Maxthelion
I already have an RV-8 shareoplane, so that itch is scratched. It's a brilliant all-rounder so covers the social flying, basic aeros, and short field stuff too, so no need for a Carbon Cub.

1. Me 109G for going out and baiting the local Spitfires. Plus it's a very good fighter and an engineering masterpiece. I'd also get a buzz out of mastering the ground handling.
2. MXS or possibly an Extra 330 SC for hardcore aeros. I really get a buzz from competition aeros and just want to do more and more.
3. L-39 or possibly a Hunter, plus a lot of fuel in order to go and tour Scotland from 250 feet and 400kt.
By Sooty25
Lysander
Jungmann
Vampire

But this assumes I'd retain access to existing aircraft. I'd also like the hangar built at my existing strip please, although that would cause the Vampire a few issues so I'd need to relocate that one!
JAFO liked this
By kanga
Dave W wrote:Not aligned with the parameters, as they overlap.

Beaver (with float & ski options)

that (for all 3 purposes) would suit me very nicely; or a 4/5 seat Jodel (or Robin DRnnn), with adequate power. Oh and dedicated competent engineer and adequate spares holding also in the hangar, of course. :)

but first fantasy: unhang my headset ... :|