Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By ozplane
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I think you're a verb missing there Flarepath but yes I did. I merely wondered how he had circumvented Boris's new rules.
By QSD
Redhill:-

AD remains operational to support Police, HEMS, SAR, flights in support of the maintenance of the national infrastructure and aerial filming flights.

AD ONLY AVBL FOR TRAINING FLIGHTS OPERATED BY AOC HOLDERS. NOTAM L1818/20.
By FlarePath
:oops: At my age i've been told I have a lot more missing than a verb.

I digress, have you not read the unbelievable reasons why some of the most arrogant postings on FB are from pilots on GA & Private flying as to why they are exempt.
PaulB liked this
By JAFO
Just looking at FR24, not much about at the moment. Two light aircraft up in Yorkshire - a group owned one and one owned by a business. Quite a few helicopters out and about, though.
By buzzman
Flying_john wrote:Would solo flight from your own airstrip that you live at be banned, if it was A to A ?

If you did and were unfortunate enough to have an emergency that required assistance you would be depriving corona virus patients from the scarce resources they are depending on to save their lives.

PM said “Stay at home”.
By Rob P
ADSB Exchange shows a few more.

It seems Diamond Aircraft are largely exempt from any grounding.

Rob P
By PaulB
Miscellaneous wrote:
Flying_john wrote:Would solo flight from your own airstrip that you live at be banned, if it was A to A ?

Have a listen John. :thumright:

Matt Hancock has just done the Press briefing and has reiterated that the restrictions announced by the PM yesterday "are not advice, they are rules" and that they will be enforced by the Police if necessary. This reinforces what he said in Parliament earlier.
FlarePath liked this
By Charles Hunt
FlarePath wrote:Does anyone apart from me think the 3 week curfew on airfields is a bit ambitious as the peak infection rate has at least 2 weeks more to go.?

Maybe, but surely better to have a short period and extend if necessary, rather than a long period that doesn't get rescinded if the situation changes.
By Miscellaneous
FlarePath wrote:Does anyone apart from me think the 3 week curfew on airfields is a bit ambitious as the peak infection rate has at least 2 weeks more to go.?

It's not a 3 week curfew on airfields though, is it? :?
PaulB liked this
By Miscellaneous
FlarePath wrote:I digress, have you not read the unbelievable reasons why some of the most arrogant postings on FB are from pilots on GA & Private flying as to why they are exempt.

Your post strengthens my resolve to avoid FB. :wink:
PaulB liked this
By FlarePath
Miscellaneous wrote:

It's not a 3 week curfew on airfields though, is it? :?

That was purely based on some airfields that have decided to shut the shop to about mid April. I have two sailing trips planned for end of May & Sep the group I am with and me are not confident boat yards will be working even by Sep 20'.
By Joe Dell
I may give my aircraft a much needed blow-out tomorrow. I'll probably maintain at least a thousand metres from the nearest Earthbound soul. That's if nobody comes up with a valid reason not to. :)