Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
My local Chippy (which is, and always has been, takeaway only) last night was really busy with loads of people queueing inside, in close proximity to each other. I didn’t go in myself. It seems to sort of ignore the idea that we’re all supposed to be keeping 2m distance from one another!

I myself have been appalled at some of the behaviour in this country in the last week or two - people crowding into bars for a last drink on Friday night, the grocery panic buyer numbskulls with their 100 loo rolls, and the thousands going to the seaside because you don’t get Coronavirus at the seaside....

Whether or not the Coronavirus epidemic is being unnecessarily hyped up by the media, these measures are in place for a valid reason and yet many people ignore them. My father has metastatic stage 4 prostate cancer, and I fear some selfish pr1ck is going to end up giving him the virus, which might well finish him off!
Last edited by Geraint Pinches on Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
PaulB wrote:Well you should obviously be practising distancing, but I guess many idiots, sorry, people aren't.

That doesn't help Paul. People who don't necessarily agree with your view are not necessarily idiots.
By JodelDavo
Shoestring Flyer wrote:And how do you collect this takeaway food?...Stand inside the airfield cafe premises and queue at a counter?

It's the same as any other shop/supermarket/café in the High St that remains open. Queue sensibly with 2m gap, buy your food/drink, pay by contactless or card, clear orf outside to drink. Simples..
There is no way I am going into any visiting airfield premises in the current crisis!
I will be flying alone from a private strip and on telephoning for PPR I will ascertain how I can pay the landing fee without entering a building . I will also be taking a flask and sandwiches to eat outside on the grass.
If I can't be sure of the above I will not be going.

This is a serious situation and the idiots and chavs not complying with distancing/isolation requirements deserve everything they will ultimately get! :evil:
Sharpshotg liked this
PaulB wrote:The trouble is that they will spread the disease to other innocent parties who definitely don't deserve it.

That's certainly an attention grabbing, emotion stirring statement. Can you help me understanding it and the consequences we should be concerned about?
By lobstaboy
Miscellaneous wrote:@lobstaboy again emotion stirring statement, but doesn't address the question I pose. :D

Misc - either you are trolling, or are woefully uninformed, or are very very stupid. I'm sure it is the first of these so I'm not going to reply any further and you are going back on my ignore list.
@lobstaboy ah the insults when someone disagrees with your opinion and you don't want to consider a different viewpoint.

Is that because you cannot say who these innocent people that don't deserve to get it are.

EDIT: just read your post again and see the ignore list comment…speaks volumes! :wink:
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Miscellaneous wrote:
PaulB wrote:The trouble is that they will spread the disease to other innocent parties who definitely don't deserve it.

That's certainly an attention grabbing, emotion stirring statement. Can you help me understanding it and the consequences we should be concerned about?

The young spread it and the old die of it.

That is the evidence from South Korea and Singapore who have curbed the spread by fastidiously and aggressively isolating large parts of their population.

And their infection and death rates are nowhere near those of Italy and the UK despite both being closer both in time and distance to China.

Anyone wilfully not keeping social distance, washing hands, coughing over other people or any combination of these behaviours is an idiot.
reimomo, PaulB, ArthurG and 6 others liked this
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Anyone wilfully not keeping social distance, washing hands, coughing over other people or any combination of these behaviours is an idiot.

Stay on track, Frank. Where is anyone advocating doing that? That's disingenuous.

I'm questioning the assertion we should all be housebound. @PaulB made an attention grabbing statement about the innocent and undeserving getting the disease. I think he did so without thinking it through and I've asked him to elaborate on who those people are and how this will come about, if I go out for a walk, cycle, solo flight…

Seems to be a lack of a willingness to discuss the situation sensibly. :(
JAFO liked this