Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Miscellaneous wrote:
mick w wrote:Flippin eck , don't start on the relatives . :wink:

:D :D

Interestingly I think you have something there, older folks in particular seem to think isolation doesn't include relatives. They make allowances for the relationship. :lol:

Here's some numbers to my thinking.

I live in Highland where there are 8 cases confirmed in a population of 321 800, or .0025% in an area of some 25 500 square km. So I feel locking myself away is not necessary.

If I lived in Shetland where 1% of the population has tested positive in an area of 1500 square km I would be getting on a boat and setting to sea for a few months (tongue in cheek).

Please don't over react. :D

Misc you may feel differently soon when this lot have brought it north
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-51990534
lobstaboy wrote:Misc you may feel differently soon when this lot have brought it north

Absolutely, that's my whole argument act accordingly. :thumright:

Many are already here, Germans, Italians... To be honest they are a danger in normal times and add limited value to the local economy. I'm sure the numbers will be vastly down on normal and we may be able to get around on the roads sensibly. :thumright:
I am a front line intensive care doctor. I am watching this go completely out of control. The only tools we have are social. To limit spread as the Koreans, Chinese and others have we need to do what they did and lock down. But all I see on here is people believing they have the right to spread the virus.
Prof Mark Bellamy
kanga, lobstaboy, PaulB and 15 others liked this
I have just watched a Sunday morning politics prog.

Several of the guests were asked about social isolation and politician and rep of mental health suggested that for health and well-being it was important that exercise and fresh air was obtained, limiting yourself to the garden or open spaces where social isolation was possible.

Non would say that they were going to close public parks although I believe National Trust may be doing this as many people were outside in the good weather and these places were crowded.

I think the bottom line is if people are not sensible then more draconian measures as we have seen in other countries will be taken and certainly closing of entertainment venues seems to be triggered by too many people crowding together.

We are trying to keep our grass strip open for visitors but only taking landing fees by online and keeping the clubhouse locked for members only.
I would prefer to be part of a national group that volunteered early to cease our leisure activity to the possible benefit and in the interests of the general population than wait for it to be mandated.

Always exceptions of course, can't fault The Farmer flying to work to keep us supplied.

Mods, should the thread title be amended to exclude CA and maybe the date as well :shock:
Waveflyer wrote:I would prefer to be part of a national group that volunteered early to cease our leisure activity to the possible benefit and in the interests of the general population than wait for it to be mandated.

Always exceptions of course, can't fault The Farmer flying to work to keep us supplied.

Mods, should the thread title be amended to exclude CA and maybe the date as well :shock:

Nice one! It has taken a couple of days but I'm there now!
seanxair wrote:I didn't stay at home this morning. I rode my horse around the farm. Saw no-one.

How can that possibly be seen as believing I have the right to spread the virus?

Sorry. We need one simple set of rules for everyone, as society has already demonstrated it cannot follow advice.

I am not going to comment further as I have much much more important things to do.
Prof Mark Bellamy
Consultant in Intensive Care Medicine
Formerly, President, Intensive Care Society
Chair, SHOT UK
PaulB, G-BLEW, Shoestring Flyer and 8 others liked this
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
seanxair wrote:I didn't stay at home this morning. I rode my horse around the farm. Saw no-one.

How can that possibly be seen as believing I have the right to spread the virus?

To be fair, having both a horse and a farm to ride it on makes you a bit of an outlier when it comes to public health comms.

Ian
Edit, crossed with above.