Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
My only gripe was the amount of adverts last night. At my age, by the time that long an interruption is over I've forgotten where the aviation story had got to!

VERY impressive project nevertheless!
Dave W liked this
By Ridders
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Watched the other two episodes this morning, preferred the Wessex one, Both were reasonable and not at all like the usual US “fake tension” type documentary rubbish.

Can’t wait for the next one :D

thanks for pointing this series out HP :thumleft:
By ChampChump
Of the three I've seen on catch-up (pretty much ad-free, too), the Wessex had fewer repetitive summaries and they do get in the way. It's a stand-alone forty-five minute programme, not one item spread over four weeks, after all.

That said, the rest is good.

I'm really looking forward to the others :)
Ridders liked this
By Ridders
Chris Martyr wrote:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just as the punters made their way to the upper-deck , a toilet door fell off,,, :D
One of the funniest things I have witnessed, watching a friend attempt to re-fit the thing infront of our very eyes :lol:

Then again, who needs doors....eh! (missing loafer shot...sorry)
Paul_Sengupta liked this
By PeteSpencer
Stu B wrote:My only gripe was the amount of adverts last night. At my age, by the time that long an interruption is over I've forgotten where the aviation story had got to!

At my age I'm usually fast asleep.....

Peter :lol:
Stu B liked this
By Ridders
That was brilliant - did you spot the other two forumites that featured very briefly?

There looked to be quite a few differences between our Myrtle and the Defender, but what a lovely job they did restoring the aircraft. A beautiful prop too :thumleft:

Spotted a certain Chief in the workshop that’s owned by another friend that is being rebuilt in there.

Nice work Rich :thumright: :thumright: :thumright:
ChampChump liked this