Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Sooty25
With only around 10 chambers around the UK set up for medical treatment, it probably ins't top of Doctors treatment options.
By Sooty25
I think that if we are all just a little more aware of CO now, then this episode may just prevent a few more deaths in the future.

Carrying oxygen is probably impractical and probably pointless for most, whereas a detector and a plan in mind is probably sufficient. It has made me think about it and a detector will go in before next flight. Stay safe folks.
Flyin'Dutch', Bobcro liked this
By G-JWTP
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
gasman wrote:Thread drift:

I transferred a ventilated CO poisoned patient to the police diving hyperbaric chamber at Preston police HQ for HBOT.
I left the power leads for the four syringe pumps keeping the patient stable/anaesthetised behind at base in error :oops:

Learning points :
1: electric kettle power leads fit syringe pumps
2: police HQs have plenty of kettles :lol:

The patient made a full recovery :thumleft:

Well Done!

You've got a slightly ironic name though!!

G-JWTP
By kanga
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Nom de plume for the gasmen and women.

When showing visitors the Trident cockpit at JAM, and talking about the Flight Engineer role, I have sometimes used the analogy

"the pilots get the glamour, but the engineer may be more important. It's like the operating theatre: the surgeon thinks he's God and tells everyone; the anaesthetist knows she's God but does not talk about it"

:roll:
gasman liked this
By eltonioni
Ahem. ;)

"Then the rib which the LORD God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man."
By Flying_john
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The spec for this gadget appears to need 220v AC? so not a practical thing unless has a batt that would last long enough.

They do 12volt and battery powered models. I wondered whether:
a) any use for high altitude flying instead of bottled oxygen
b) any use if CO in cabin is detected, while the pilot finds a nearby aerdrome to land at.
By Oldfart
kanga wrote:
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Nom de plume for the gasmen and women.

When showing visitors the Trident cockpit at JAM, and talking about the Flight Engineer role, I have sometimes used the analogy

"the pilots get the glamour, but the engineer may be more important. It's like the operating theatre: the surgeon thinks he's God and tells everyone; the anaesthetist knows she's God but does not talk about it"

:roll:

kanga

I never had the pleasure of the “Ground Gripper” , the VC10 was more to my liking!
My ex Trident mates tell me there were no Flight Engineers in BEA , it was crewed by three pilots, one of whom sat at the System’s Panel.
kanga liked this