Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By FlarePath
Why would anyone or all the many others with that kind of finacial clout not use Farnborough, with its now fully protected airspace and all the secrecy you could ever want for your comings and goings.

That has to be the most fanciful reason to eliminate the Farnborough Airspace Chaos Proposal yet.

Still say Fairoaks should have an LOA for co-ordinated departures...........
By defcribed
Cub wrote:NATS take on things; https://nats.aero/blog/2020/03/the-unsung-heroes-of-change/

It is something of a stretch to describe the well-remunerated staff of a company, contracted to implement the segregation of part of the sky over the UK for the use of very high net worth individuals, as 'unsung heroes'.

But they're a company, and they've got to have their PR.

Of course most people won't be aware of the change, but then most people have absolutely nothing to do with Farnborough Airport.
By chevvron
FlarePath wrote:Still say Fairoaks should have an LOA for co-ordinated departures...........

The Fairoaks Airport Manager reads this forum and contributes to it so maybe he will tell us when it gets 'sorted'.
By chevvron
FlarePath wrote:Why would anyone or all the many others with that kind of finacial clout not use Farnborough, with its now fully protected airspace and all the secrecy you could ever want for your comings and goings.

At least the airspace gets used thoughout the day unlike that which is 'owned' by a certain airport west of Humberside. :twisted:
By chevvron
chrisbl wrote:One can only hope the boys in blue do pursue the matters that came out of the court case.

They tried years ago when Farnborough was still MOD property; course they couldn't bring charges had they made an arrest because civil police have no jurisdiction on MOD property unless 'invited' to enter it which they weren't; just drove onto the airfield and across the runway without permission and without warning us.
By JonathanB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
chevvron wrote:
Cub wrote:NATS take on things; https://nats.aero/blog/2020/03/the-unsung-heroes-of-change/

I never got any form of thanks or recognition for submitting the proposal which eventually became 'London LARS'.

The PR machine has changed considerably since then I suspect...
By ls8pilot
JonathanB wrote:
chevvron wrote:

I never got any form of thanks or recognition for submitting the proposal which eventually became 'London LARS'.

The PR machine has changed considerably since then I suspect...

The airspace change for Farnborough was successfully deployed without causing any delays despite last week’s awful weather conditions proving an additional challenge.

.... or at least no-one of any importance was delayed :lol:
kanga liked this
By Skylaunch2

People doing what they're paid to do? Well I never.

I think the real un-sung heros are those non NATS individuals responsible for other airports and operators who have spent so much time, often working longer hours in addition to duties they already do, dealing with what NATS and EGLF wanted to achieve to ensure that implementation went smoothly and with minimum infringements or safety events. When do the thanks go to those?
Talkdownman, Iceman, SpeedBrake and 3 others liked this
By Mike Tango
Skylaunch2 wrote:
I think the real un-sung heros are those non NATS individuals responsible for other airports and operators who have spent so much time, often working longer hours in addition to duties they already do, dealing with what NATS and EGLF wanted to achieve to ensure that implementation went smoothly and with minimum infringements or safety events. When do the thanks go to those?

Probably when they also go to those NATS staff who, over many years, have put in countless additional hours in addition to duties they already do or did in the cause of trying to improve the overall lot of light GA within the system. Although none of the ones I'm thinking of did it for the thanks, they did it because they thought it was a worthwhile endeavour that brought its own rewards.

Hard to believe I know.
Cub, Colonel Panic, kanga and 6 others liked this
By ChrisRowland
The bad weather probably helped because it reduced the number of VMC pilots wanting transits. The time it will get tricky will be on fine weekend days when there are lots of people wanting VMC transits to and from the south and the skies over Lasham are full of gliders.

All we can do as people wanting transits in VMC is make an honest attempt to plan our flights in a way that has the least disruption and do our best to make clear, concise radio calls.

If we get refused access then we should report it. If we divert west the gliders at Lasham could be a problem and if we have near misses we should report it.
defcribed, Stu B liked this