Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:You might be able to get a LAPL from your GP.

I'm awaiting my LAPL (applied for on the back of my NPPL) and might try for the LAPL medical but understand that with a replacement heart valve I can't get my GP to do it. What is an AME likely to want? Echocardiogram? Exercise ECG? Three months worth of my flying budget?

I just wonder if it's not all too much of a faff.
patowalker wrote:
Richard Dastardly wrote:No chance - been quoted £240 from my old Class 2 AME for a LAPL Med

What did you do to upset him? Go PMD?

PMD only a possible route for non-EASA aeroplanes past 8/4/20.

£240 for a straightforward LAPL seems............no bargain.

@JAFO You would have to discuss that with your AME.
Thanks @Flyin'Dutch' , my questions were largely rhetorical as I think I know the answer which is that it's all a bit too much of a faff. Funny really as I flew today, I am still alive and schools, nunneries, orphanages and kennels full of fluffy puppies all remained entirely unplummetted upon. Rather odd that in a little over a month, I will be unsafe to pilot the aeroplane I flew today.

Oh well, I've booked a few more slots for March. Something will turn up, I'm sure.
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
patowalker wrote:
Richard Dastardly wrote:No chance - been quoted £240 from my old Class 2 AME for a LAPL Med

What did you do to upset him? Go PMD?

PMD only a possible route for non-EASA aeroplanes past 8/4/20.

Yes. I asked if he had dispensed with his AME's services while a PMD was valid for EASA aeroplanes, thus upsetting said AME. :)
Richard Dastardly wrote:Current share in an EASA C172 & have been PMD since Class 2 ran out - ( so After April no med ) & also I’d like to get back to some Channel Island runs & France again.

My AME & I have “history” - so I feel ‘obliged’ for him to look after my LAPL medical.

Tho £240 does seem a tad steep :shock:

Richard

How long ago did your class 2 run out? (You might have a lapl medical now....)
Any news on the other stuff that expires April? This is all about pmd. What about PPL, class 2 easa medical, flying easa aircraft?
@flyingeeza
Have they put you on very expensive dried food only available from an AME yet?