Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Some of you may have seen my post here: https://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1732683#p1732683
So this was me revalidating my French issued EASA PPL... :thumleft:
Quite painless and the DGAC do this online now.

However, I also have a UK PPL. Which I got as insurance against Brexit.
My question is (up until January 31st or afterwards?) can a UK examiner revalidate my UK PPL by experience based on the hours and instructional flight I made with my French EASA instructor in a french registered aeroplane?

I think so, but thought Id ask just in case...

Regards, SD..
Last edited by skydriller on Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Irv Lee
yes, I can't see why not... but what's special about Jan 12th ? (Or do I need to read the link?)
[wind up]
unless the instructor saw your flying and spat in your log book rather than signing it
[/wind up]
PaulB liked this
By skydriller
Thanks Irv, thats what I thought.

I thought I'd written 31st... For some reason it appears it has been auto-modifed to 12th..??. possibly because of my fst funger trible.... :roll:

Regards SD..

PS.. I cant actually read what the instructor wrote next to his signature and FE number... I think it says 'vol de competence"....but as he's an examiner and confirmed my revalidation with me on the DGAC website, and authorised me to do "vol d'initiation" for the aeroclub, presumably it isnt too negative... 8)
By skydriller
Irv Lee wrote:I am in Normandie and Alpes Maritimes for a few days each in Dec and Jan but I think you are Bordeaux way arent you?

Yes I am. Medoc, just north of Bordeaux. I know of a Brit Examiner that frequents the Auch area, though I might find myself in the Aberdeen area in the next couple of months anyway.

I have the EASA licence revalidation, which is my main concern Aeroclub flying here in France, but like the backup of the UK PPL... as has been said on here before "you can never have too many licences".

Regards, SD..
By Rallye
skydriller wrote:Thanks Irv, thats what I thought.

I thought I'd written 31st... For some reason it appears it has been auto-modifed to 12th..??. possibly because of my fst funger trible.... :roll:

Regards SD..

PS.. I cant actually read what the instructor wrote next to his signature and FE number... I think it says 'vol de competence"....but as he's an examiner and confirmed my revalidation with me on the DGAC website, and authorised me to do "vol d'initiation" for the aeroclub, presumably it isnt too negative... 8)

Hi
He must have writen
"controle de compétence en vue de la prorogation de la qualification SEP le.....
That means that he renewed your SEP for two years.
By skydriller
Just to conclude here and be clear for anyone in the same boat as myself:

The UK CAA accepted my French EASA Class2 medical*** - I also sent a copy of the DGAC forms and any ECG/bloodwork - all sent by Email to medicalweb. Make sure the licence number on the medical matches (from another thread, this might cause rejection). I had to get my French AME to give me one copy with the UK PPL number and another with the French EASA PPL number.

I met up with a UK examiner a couple of months ago. He happily signed off my UK PPL to revalidate me for another 2 years based on the flying I had done on F-reg aeroplanes this last year and more importantly the hour or so with a french Instructor/Examiner who signed my logbook - who had also revalidated my French EASA PPL!! Paperwork sent to CAA.

***Cautionary note: I requested an Email back confirming they had updated my records, but just recieved "we have your records" AutoEmail response 3 times. After a month I called them to confirm they had updated my records. They had not. I was asked to re-send it all, the lady I spoke to suspected that as they had a SOLI request earlier that year nobody did anything as I "no longer needed a UK medical" despite my Email clearly telling them I had a UK PLL which was why I was sending them the Medical. Very apologetic lady asked me to re-send the Email to her directly and she would deal with it herself. About 10 mins later she confirmed by email my records were updated. Based on the medical records being "overlooked" I called FCL to confirm they had updated my records too - confirmed updated.

Interestingly, I was told its the licence examiner signature that matters irrespective of the CAAs records.

Regards, SD..