Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
JonBoy wrote: I think the key is that you send your records to both CAA’s with the relevant numbers on. My medical is done in the NL and only contains the NL number.

I think you will find this might be your problem. My French issued PPL has a completely different number to my UK issued PPL. I actually got my French AME to fill out 2x Medical certificates with different numbers for me, CAA Aeromedical dept assured me if I Emailed off everything (ie photocopies of the forms and ECG aswell as the certificate) to them it was valid for my UK PPL.

You have reminded me I need to chase up that they actually updated my records last month...

Regards, SD..
I wasn't initially interested in this but have become a little uneasy about it all as I may need an EASA licence in the future.
So I'm now wondering if I've left it too late?
Does anyine have a 'cheat sheet' on how to get this done?

Regards.
Pilot Pete wrote:I wasn't initially interested in this but have become a little uneasy about it all as I may need an EASA licence in the future.
So I'm now wondering if I've left it too late?
Does anyine have a 'cheat sheet' on how to get this done?

Regards.

Well I've done it for mine. It went roughly like this:-

- Get separate UK licence issued by the CAA (£46)
- Apply to IAA for them to take on my EASA licence and medical ( (E)450)
- Apply to CAA to have my EASA licencing records SOLId to the IAA (£45)
- Apply to CAA to have my EASA medical records SOLId to the IAA (£105)

Forms at each stage were quite easy to find online, Expect to do quite a lot of photocopying documents to get them verified by a suitable UK school CFI or Examiner.

Right at the minute, I've done all of that (and probably confused everybody by passing my EASA IR in the middle of it all), and am waiting for it to come back as done (and had no indication that it won't be). I've heard rumours, but not heard anything official that the Irish are extending the December 31st December deadline for getting your licence SOLId - so I would be nervous of managing now, as most advice is to allow 3 months, which you no longer have: Certainly I started at the beginning of October and 7 weeks later it's not done yet.

The experience may, of course, be different with other countries. I know that Austria have said they're taking no new applications, have heard good things about Iceland. I'm told that France charge no fees, but have no idea about their service standards (or language issues!).

G