For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
OCB wrote:A few hundred square meters of exactly the same “far from natural” grass, on a billiard flat surface is not exactly “eco friendly”....

Which was what I was getting at earlier.... That patch of mud wont just "come back" naturally.

Regards, SD..
By johnm
skydriller wrote:
OCB wrote:A few hundred square meters of exactly the same “far from natural” grass, on a billiard flat surface is not exactly “eco friendly”....

Which was what I was getting at earlier.... That patch of mud wont just "come back" naturally.

Regards, SD..

Yes it will, but not just as bowling green grass, there'll be a wide range of flowers and grasses.....It could be seeded if someone felt strongly about it coming back quickly.....
By skydriller
That would all depend upon how long you want it to remain a mud patch and whether you think that something like in the photo below is appropriate for the location....but I suspect that the majority of the public would prefer the first pic in this thread... :roll:
In the grand scheme of things, and when much of the country is a muddy quagmire (if not still underwater), I think the photos in the OP are the least of the country's worries.
Flyin'Dutch', johnm, kanga liked this
By johnm
skydriller wrote:But why make it worse so that more money needs to be spent for no reason?

It's not an issue...…...
By Red
skydriller wrote:

Regards, SD..

Of course it will
By skydriller
johnm wrote:
skydriller wrote:But why make it worse so that more money needs to be spent for no reason?

It's not an issue...…...

:?:
Red wrote:Of course it will

No, not the way it was it wont, not without help.

Ill tell you what... if you have a nice well kept lawn, let me come over and trash it so its like that 3rd pic in the OP,....then you wait a while without doing anything to it, and send me a pic of the result maybe 6 months from now... it may well have grown something that will be green.... but without help it will not grow into the lawn you had.

No doubt the lawn in the pic will be tended to and will be returned to the way it was, so in 6 months it will have "come back" - but it will have had help.
By johnm
skydriller wrote:
johnm wrote:

It's not an issue...…...

:?:
Red wrote:Of course it will

No, not the way it was it wont, not without help.

Ill tell you what... if you have a nice well kept lawn, let me come over and trash it so its like that 3rd pic in the OP,....then you wait a while without doing anything to it, and send me a pic of the result maybe 6 months from now... it may well have grown something that will be green.... but without help it will not grow into the lawn you had.

No doubt the lawn in the pic will be tended to and will be returned to the way it was, so in 6 months it will have "come back" - but it will have had help.

Our lawns get little or no attention apart from mowing and survive drought and churning in muddy weather quite happily. They do contain quite a lot of stuff that isn't grass, but it is green......
OCB liked this
By Sooty25
I've not been able to drive to my hangar or pull my aircraft out yet this year due to waterlogged grass in front of it. :( . Saturday, even the walking route to it was limited!

What I have learned though, from experience, is it tends to take at least 10 times the effort to restore damaged grass, compared to the effort required to trash it!

The question here now is, who fixes it and who pays? Yes, some of it will recover, but nobody will want to picnic on a patchy, wild grass field with nettles in it in the summer, however well it is mown, this will need work. I dare say a chuck of that work will require the use of petrol powered machinery!
The state which they left the grounds in will count very little to this precocious Swedish brat and her naive bunch of followers .
According to them : The fact of the matter is , our generation have ruined their lives .
Had Thunberg ever been rrrsed to attend lessons , then it's quite possible that she would've picked up on the fact that it wasn't many generations ago that men had to take up arms to defend the democracy that she now has the privilege to enjoy .
It is an unfortunate but unavoidable fact that many tons of rapidly constructed and inefficiently propelled weaponry , running on crudely refined , low quality petrol was gushing out billions of tons of contamination into the atmosphere.
Yes , world peace did come at a price . A very high price for many countries , and possibly a topic that some of Ms Thunberg's compatriots would prefer not to discuss.

Thankfully , we now live in an age where the unavoidable history of the past is now being addressed . With most of the civilised world striving for a deadline which hopefully , for the most part can be achieved .

By standing up in public , stomping her foot and demanding that she has it "now" , just exposes the need for Thunberg and her naive playmates to get back to school .
Forget about all this , "just look at the science".....
No Greta , just look at the history,,,,,and try listening to others for a change !
Bill Haddow liked this
By stevelup
I only posted the pictures because I thought it was worthy of discussion. I have no particular axe to grind.

I think my only niggle is that there are at least half a dozen public open spaces in Bristol that would have made for a better location than this, and would have resulted in zero damage.
By romille
stevelup wrote:I think my only niggle is that there are at least half a dozen public open spaces in Bristol that would have made for a better location than this, and would have resulted in zero damage.

That is the problem with climate change activists and Eco warriors, they don't give a damn about the consequences of their actions and the damage it causes, they simply justify what they do as necessary to save the planet.
By skydriller
romille wrote:
stevelup wrote:I think my only niggle is that there are at least half a dozen public open spaces in Bristol that would have made for a better location than this, and would have resulted in zero damage.

That is the problem with climate change activists and Eco warriors, they don't give a damn about the consequences of their actions and the damage it causes, they simply justify what they do as necessary to save the planet.

And they dont seem to care that their actions arent helping save the planet... :roll: