Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
I already have but I am looking for recommendations as AMEs can vary with some keen to refer you for very small things and others with a pragmatic approach. I will likely use this AME for many years to come and so I am looking for an AME who is pleasant to deal with.
JAFO liked this
By PaulisHome
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
bookworm wrote:
4535jacks wrote:Can anyone recommend an AME near Cambridge for a class 1 renewal?

I assume Dr Wallace is no longer practicing?

Correct, he is not. If in Cambridge is convenient, I recommend Ajay Kumar at Petersfield Medical Practice on Mill Road.

Seconded

Paul
mikeblyth liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
Cheers Mike, but although Cambridge is halfway between home and Turweston that is still a fair way to come for a medical - although I h ave a number of people who come from further afield.

Suppose to them it is better the devil you know!

@4535jacks Brian stopped about 4-5 years ago, I told him it was ridiculously young to retire at 81. He caused me to stop being a GP 10 years ago and made me see the light of life outside of a GP partnership. He has a lot to answer for! Top geezer and brilliant clinician.
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:@4535jacks Brian stopped about 4-5 years ago, I told him it was ridiculously young to retire at 81.

Working in a warm welcome fitted out surgery asking a bunch of questions and throwing in the odd prod…ridiculously early indeed. :wink:

Ask this fella. :D

https://www.newsflare.com/video/306346/ ... age-of-101
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By PeteSpencer
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
@4535jacks Brian stopped about 4-5 years ago, I told him it was ridiculously young to retire at 81. He caused me to stop being a GP 10 years ago and made me see the light of life outside of a GP partnership. He has a lot to answer for! Top geezer and brilliant clinician.

And he was one of the old school when it came to charging colleagues!
Curiously he was one of the few that could control my white coat hypertension by his calm relaxing manner.
As FD says, top bloke.

Peter :wink: