Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Flyingfemme
Does anyone have a link to a source for downloading Cypriot approach charts? I have tried the Cyprus Department of Civil Aviation website but the registration for access to the AIP does not work (and neither does the login page).
Jeppesen, in their wisdom, have decreed that Cyprus is not part of "Europe", so not in their Europe coverage.......and a one-shot trip kit is the stunning cost of €650 for what looks like a (small) handful of plates.
Sometimes I just want to take up boating.........
By Tim Dawson
SkyDemon developer
They should all be in SkyDemon and we will probably have georeferenced them for you too.
By Tim Dawson
SkyDemon developer
Flyingfemme wrote:Good info but not the instrument approaches.

They are all in SkyDemon, and we have georeferenced them for you.
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Yes. I have every AIP downloaded in SD so have access to all instrument charts for the whole of Europe for nothing more than the cost of the SD subscription.

Iceman 8)
By Lefty
I use the instrument plates on SkyDemon all over the world. The only thing is that they are the ones produced by the Local Aviation Authority and are therefore not standardised as per Jepp.
By kanga
Flyingfemme wrote:..
Jeppesen, in their wisdom, have decreed that Cyprus is not part of "Europe", ..

<nostalgic drift :oops: >

.. whereas HMG after WW2 decided it definitely was, so it was in the BEA, not BOAC, route structure; as (for political reasons) was Tel Aviv. BOAC's world started in Beirut. ISTR that the range both of the Comet 4B and of the Trident was planned around the Nicosia and Tel Aviv non-stop requirements

</>
By Flyingfemme
Hmmmm. All downloaded but not getting the georeferencing. Tested at Staverton this morning. Am I missing something? Is there a whizz-bang setting I need to use?
By Paul_Sengupta
kanga wrote:BOAC's world started in Beirut. ISTR that the range both of the Comet 4B and of the Trident was planned around the Nicosia and Tel Aviv non-stop requirements

Can I just say that I had some lovely Lebanese food in Nicosia a few days ago.

Ok, back to the thread...
kanga liked this
By GrahamB
Lefty wrote:I use the instrument plates on SkyDemon all over the world.

Umm, except the USA, the area with the largest amount of GA activity in the world!
Iceman liked this