Polite discussion about EASA, the CAA, the ANO and the delights of aviation regulation.
Forum rules: Please keep it polite!
I have an EASA LAPL and fly a G reg EASA aircraft. My EASA LAPL medical will reqire renewing shortly.

The main CAA web site and the PMD application form indicate that I can not fly an EASA aircraft on a PMD however ORS4 1283 would appear to indicate that I could fly in the uk only on a PMD upto April 2020 (Subject to meeting all the medical requirements)

Also CAP 1441 as updated by the LAA suggests a PMD is a valid for a G reg EASA aircraft in the uk although CAP 1441 appears to be formally withdrawn from the CAA web site.

I guess the CAA are not updating the main part of their web site and PMD application form because ORS4 1283 is currently only temporary.

Does anyone know if I can fly a G reg EASA aircraft on a PMD upto April 2020 and is there any indication that the CAA will extend the exemption beyond April.
C1FF wrote:Does anyone know if I can fly a G reg EASA aircraft on a PMD upto April 2020 and is there any indication that the CAA will extend the exemption beyond April.

Yes you can and I hope it'll be extended but who knows.
flybymike wrote:There will be chaos at the AME surgeries if it isn’t extended.

... and class 2 prices will skyrocket!
Smaragd wrote:Come next Saturday, what’s a G reg EASA aircraft?

Same as it is today as we’ll still be in EASA won’t we?