Post your pics, videos and vlogs here
By cockney steve
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Sorry, I only lasted 1.5 minutes.....Don't know which was more offensive, the "music" or the rapid chip-chopping of shots with weird and wonderful "effects" randomly scattered throughout.

I like Autogiros, really I do, most disappointed.....perhaps it's aimed at the young -and-trendy with short attention-spans.
JAFO liked this
By skydriller
Not usually one to moan about such things, but likewise I couldnt get past a minute or so as it made me dizzy!! ("mute" exists for any odd music choices) Where are you mounting the camera such that it spins around like that? Or is it some kind of "Effect"?

Shame, as it looked like it was a cracking day for flying!!
JAFO liked this
By FlyboyStu
Sorry you guys aren’t fans. As I mention in the comments, this was aimed at a different audience from those willing to sit through my usual 20 minute videos, and yes, perhaps a younger audience. It was initially prepared for Facebook to demonstrate how much fun flying a gyro can be to friends and family, whose perception of general aviation may be more akin to the Jeremy Clarkson school of thought.

The camera is the excellent new GoPro Max 360 mounted on the mast, and whilst the transitions are automatic and applied by the GoPro app, the 360 capture means that all the views are genuinely as captured and not down to effects.
FlyboyStu wrote:...to demonstrate how much fun flying a gyro can be to friends and family, whose perception of general aviation may be more akin to the Jeremy Clarkson school of thought.

I can understand your need to demonstrate the fun...Liverpool to Barra and back via Glenforsa for lunch in a C182...on your own? :shock: :shock: :wink:

Some would say that's the greatest crime one can commit in aviation. :D

Had I known I would have jumped on a commercial flight to Liverpool and come along. :lol:

Tell me, did you speed the video up, or is that part of the app? My screen struggled to refresh with the consequence being poor quality video, which was okay at normal speed. I suspect it was due to being optimised for FB?
By FlyboyStu
Miscellaneous wrote:
FlyboyStu wrote:Tell me, did you speed the video up, or is that part of the app? My screen struggled to refresh with the consequence being poor quality video, which was okay at normal speed. I suspect it was due to being optimised for FB?

The video is at normal speed; it is not sped up. Nor is it ‘optimised for Facebook’; it was created as a standard 1080p file and uploaded separately to Facebook and YouTube.
By skydriller
FlyboyStu wrote: The camera is the excellent new GoPro Max 360 mounted on the mast, and whilst the transitions are automatic and applied by the GoPro app, the 360 capture means that all the views are genuinely as captured and not down to effects.

So the rotating effect is you using the 360deg effect and panning around to a standard 1080 format? I have no issue with the quick cuts, Ive been known to do a similar thing to make a video fit a piece of music - I Like a short video too. For me its the panning/ultra-wide/quick-cut combo!! I know it takes alot of time to do videos if you manually cut everything together though...
By FlyboyStu
skydriller wrote:So the rotating effect is you using the 360deg effect and panning around to a standard 1080 format?

I took the 360 degree footage and panned within it to produce a 16:9 1080p output; although the GoPro app also applies transitions and effects to the footage if you choose, which I did in this case for the reasons already mentioned.