Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By kanga
JAFO wrote:
chevvron wrote:Posiedons - first one due to arrive at Kinloss in Feb 2020

I doubt it's Kinloss @chevvron

ah, but do the RAF Poseidons still carry 'Navigators', as the Nimrods used to ? :wink:
JAFO wrote:

Kinloss being used as a base for Lossie aircraft at the moment whilst Lossie is being re-constructed for the Posiedons.; taxiways need to be strengthened and new hangar and apron being built; it's all visible on ZoomEarth but not Google Earth.
Last edited by chevvron on Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kanga, JAFO liked this
In the SE English Channel, I noticed a G reg King Air carrying out an extensive low level patrol pattern for some time, in the early hours of yesterday. Seemed to come from Doncaster. Looks like a military colour scheme?
kanga wrote:
JAFO wrote:

ah, but do the RAF Poseidons still carry 'Navigators', as the Nimrods used to ? :wink:

They're recruiting ex Nimrod crewmen/women up to 57 years old to operate the Posiedons.
kanga, JAFO liked this
By kanga
chevvron wrote:

They're recruiting ex Nimrod crewmen/women up to 57 years old to operate the Posiedons.[/quote]

.. who would never let their pilot land at Kinloss instead of Lossie by mistake :)

(I wonder if the younger rear crew will be taught how to do astro, draw up a gnomonic, .. :wink: )