Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By tomshep
FlyingFemme: the tiny Omega automatic is quite wonderful. It has a reserve of nearly fifty hours and can be had in Chronometer versions as well. I built a ladies' Seamaster with a bezel for a dear friend some years ago with that movement. Properly serviced, it will outlive you, like the Seamaster will. The money is on the inside of these and it is money well spent
because these were built to last a lifetime and they don't make them like that anymore - not at any price.
As for countdown bezels, I have been thinking of making half a dozen watches featuring them for fun but they will be unobtrusive practical watches rather than wrist clocks.
chipmeisterc, AFSAG liked this
By RichJordan
Apple Watch.

Not nearly as flash as many on here, but infinitely more useful. Almost unlimited number of timers and alarms (if you want them, which I do not). Go Pro remote, world clock, sun up/down and it shows the METAR for my local airports all at a glance.

It's not pretty jewellery, but it is useful.

Last edited by RichJordan on Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Chris Martyr
tomshep wrote:What tells the time in your aircraft?

An old fob type watch which my dad used as a guard on the railways when he came out of the RAF at the end of WW2 . It has the face inscription , H. Stone , Leeds .
Works superbly and really looks the part . Its tick is so loud , you can almost hear it above the engine .

I remember as a boy seeing my dad wind it up each day before going off to work . I didn't meet up with it again until I was going through my mums things after she went .

I would refer to it as my 'chrono' , but I feel I would be insulting it .
By Human Factor
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Fifteen year old Breitling Aerospace for little aeroplanes. Twenty five year old Seiko pilot watch for work. Christopher Ward automatic for the rest of the time. All of them uncannily accurate.
By MachFlyer
RichJordan wrote:Apple Watch.

Not nearly as flash as many on here, but infinitely more useful. Almost unlimited number of timers and alarms (if you want them, which I do not). Go Pro remote, world clock, sun up/down and it shows the METAR for my local airports all at a glance.

How do you get Metar on your watch?
By seanxair
MachFlyer wrote:
RichJordan wrote:Apple Watch.

How do you get Metar on your watch?

Stick your hand out of the window. If it stops working the weather is shoite :D
MachFlyer liked this
By condor17
We've a Camerer Cuss , Oxford St , model NL 1395 [ DH] stopwatch for the Condor .
Bit heavy and clunky but still works ok. Last overhauled in 7/76 [ previously 6/71] , and nicked off Trident 3 G-AWZZ , after we delivered it to Brum. fire services in Nov.'84 . Only had 10mins to souvenir hunt , so sadly the 8 day clock had to be left behind , as no tools or jemmy , and it was mounted behind a substantial panel .
Otherwise a 'Genuine' £29.95 Casio , use rotating bezel as another stopwatch/elapsed time .

rgds condor .
By Waveflyer
tomshep wrote:What tells the time in your aircraft?

Dynon Skyview.

I’ve got the usual collection of watches you gather over a lifetime but rarely wear one and always have the iPhone.
G-BLEW liked this
By eltonioni
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
eltonioni wrote:Cool dudes fly PA28s. 8)

Not close and no cigar.

Beech Bonanza, not a PA28 in sight.

Trust a doctor to spot a Bonanza. :lol: