Learning to fly, or thinking of learning? Post your questions, comments and experiences here

Moderator: AndyR

By Ibra
Btw, NPPL + Class 2 = UK & France all the way to the med :D

You will have to look hard to find a PPL who ventured beyond LFAT/LFAC in an "NPPL aircraft", but if you look hard you maybe surprised some went as far as Russia but not Belgium as you need mode-S :lol:
By Dav1d
I'm no expert here but having tried a bit of gliding, fun and I got shouted at for flying over a cooling tower and going up to about 3500 ft in about twenty yards (went up like an express lift) when it was supposed to be a 15 minute trial flight but a hell of a long way to go. I've got a few hours on C152 (Blackpool) and C170 (Florida) which is fine but quite expensive especially landing fees. I've got to lessons part 8 on a skyranger but am stuck now with this virus messing everything up. Am intending to do a 10 hour/£1000 training deal when the world comes back to sanity which will be in a Eurofox and see how I get on but am tending towards microlight NPPL. apart from anything else aircraft/ shares and fees seem to be so much cheaper.