Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By nallen
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
What I'm now disappointed about is having to wait three months for the next instalment of Kat's journey! I've found it an inspiring read, and always look forward to seeing it.
JoeC, Dave W, Rob L and 3 others liked this
By Hooligan
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
nallen wrote:What I'm now disappointed about is having to wait three months for the next instalment of Kat's journey! I've found it an inspiring read, and always look forward to seeing it.

Gives us something to look forward to during the dark winter months - the further adventures of Katamarino's trip, nights drawing out and the first twitches of Spring!
Charles Hunt wrote:Paul SS has got there first, but I seem to recall that 'Outback' is an a shortening of 'Out back of Bourke.'

Hardly of use as the term now in use is GAFA, The 'Great Australian not very much.'

Other Nevil Shute fans may recall a title with another phrase

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_the_Black_Stump
Charles Hunt liked this
Lockhaven wrote:@Katamarino

You have some some long sectors over the Pacific, please don't mess about getting it fixed, ship out a new/overhauled engine and replace it then worry about the current engine later.

I'm having it overhauled by a well known shop in Australia, and will fly 100+ hours on the new engine before setting out. They're starting the tear-down now. I'm very keen not to get any use out of my liferaft!
Charles Hunt, Lockhaven, Dave W and 6 others liked this